Cyberspace Romance

Fear

Image
Zoey felt her stomach tearing up when she pulled into the rehab center parking lot. She had hoped Ape and Phil would tag along this week to help keep her mind off things, but they had to plans with Jess and his kids. Zoey had the entire trip to think about things. The morning sickness hadn't faded, and she had took three more test, and each of them detected pregnancy. She had a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning, even though she knew she was pregnant. She closed the door and started to walk inside the center. She bit down on her bottom lip as she looked around at all the people who were visiting. She signed in and then headed down to Bam's room. She walked in and smiled seeing him and a young man sitting on his bed playing with a deck of cards. Bam grinned widely when he saw Zoey.

"I'll see you later, Bam." Jared said gathering his cards.

Bam nodded his head, not really paying much attention to what Jared was saying. He was too caught up in watching Zoey. This was killing him to be away from her. He got up off the bed and walked over to her and quickly pulled her into a hug. He smelled in her scent and placed a kiss on her cheek. Only a few hours a week was not enough Zoey time for him. He needed to see her every single day. But, not seeing her but only on Sundays gave him motivation to get better soon.

"Tell me everything that's going on in West Chester." Bam pleaded, as they laid back on his bed together.

Zoey sighed, and tried to think of everything that was going on. She told him in detail how everyone was doing-- hoping to make the hours pass quickly. She loved being around Bam, but she was also scared to tell him what was going on with him. She wasn't ready to hear his reaction to her news.

"So. You've told me how everyone else has been-- but how about you? How have you been, babe?" Bam ask, moving a lock of her hair out of her face.

Zoey sighed, and could feel her stomach tying into knots. Could she lie to him? Could she tell him she had been fine, when she really hadn't.

Bam watched as Zoey's skin turned to a unhealthy white, and her palms and forehead started to sweat.

"Zoey, what's wrong baby?" He ask. He could tell something was wrong with her.
"I. . . I" She fumbled over her words.
"Bam-- I. . ."
"I'm. . . I think I'm pregnant." She blurted out.

Bam's face went to pure shock. It wasn't a bad shock-- just shock. He couldn't believe the words that had just left her mouth. He thought about how it was possibly. He and Zoey had always been so safe-- they hadn't even had sex in awhile. Was it his? He shook his head-- of course it was his, and he recalled the day it happened. It was a few days before he came here-- the day in the closet.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.
"No-- I'm going tomorrow to a doctor-- six test have told me yes though, and I have morning sickness, and I'm late on my period." Zoey said.

Bam could tell she had a lot on her mind right now, and he hated himself for being in this place. He should have been with her-- helping her get through this, and making things easier on her. He thought back to the days he had been in rehab. She couldn't be but a little over a month pregnant.

"Are you upset?" She ask, barely in a voice above a whisper. She could tell Bam was deep in thought about something.
"Upset? Zoe-- no, I'm not upset. I was just trying to figure out how far along you were."
"I guess around a month or so-- Bam, what are we gonna do?" She ask in a panicked voice.

Bam let a small smile curve into his lips; this was what he wanted. Even though it had come along at a very difficult and hectic time, this was what he wanted. He cupped her face and smiled as he leaned in and brushed his lips against hers lightly.

"We're going to be parents, Zoe. This is a good thing." He said.
"So. . . You're happy about it." Zoe ask.
"Well. . . Yeah, It's about time I settle down and have a family, don't you think?" He ask.

Zoey's fear finally left her. She gave a weak smile and a nod. She was happy Bam took the news so well. She couldn't believe she had thought he would over react or be upset. She smiled slowly as he chuckled, and pulled her back on the bed with him. He slowly raised up her t-shirt and stroked his hand over her warm stomach.

"I hope you are, I really hope you are." Bam said, rubbing his thumb around her belly button.
"Me too. . . now that I know you're okay with it." Zoey said.

Having Bam rub her stomach like this made her want motherhood more than anything. Even though she was so scared of so many things-- she knew if he was by her side, then they could make it work.

"Promise you'll call me as soon as you find out-- tell them it's an emergency." Bam said.
"I promise-- I'll call right when I find out." Zoey said laughing.

Bam ran his fingers through his hair. This was everything he wanted-- but there was still the delimma of him being in here. He knew he wasn't getting out for at least two more months, and that meant missing the first trimester of Zoey's pregnancy.

"I'm getting out of here soon as possible-- i'm not missing any of this." He said stroking her stomach more.
"Don't worry about missing things, Bam-- just get better or you'll miss the good stuff." She said smiling.

He sighed. Missing the baby develop from a fetus was one thing-- but missing it's life was another. He now had a new motivation to get better-- a new motivation for everything. He was heading into a whole new chapter in his life, and he couldn't wait.

Bam and Zoey laid in his bed the entire visitation time. Zoey was happy that she had ended up telling Bam about possibly being pregnant. He made the entire situation so much easier. They had both decided that they wouldn't tell anyone else until she knew for sure. Then, he wanted to be the one to tell Ape and Phil when they visited. She couldn't wait to go to the doctor tomorrow. She was actually looking forward to him telling her that she was in fact pregnant.