Cyberspace Romance

Slander

Image
A month had passed since Bam and Zoey announced the news of her pregnancy to Ape and Phil-- now thanks to Jess and Novak on Radio Bam; the world knew. Zoey was scared at first when she was asked to sign on some forums to talk to some Bam's fans, so she could keep them updated on how he was doing, and the status of her pregnancy. She was surprised to see all the positive feed back, There was some negative, but the positive over powered that. She couldn't believe how many of his fans actually thought she was a good choice for him. Most of them had found her on Ryder's youtube videos, and thought that she and Bam were the perfect couple.

Zoey was almost ten weeks pregnant now, and had a lot on her plate. Shianne was moving in with her and Ryder; to make things easier on Shianne, and she was in the process of hiring several new stylist. The salon was extremely popular. They was having to book appointments, a month in advance. She was hoping to hire at least four more stylist in the next week.

Bam was expected to be out of rehab within the next month; which was something Zoey was looking forward to. He had finally been winged off the drugs completely, and was showing so much improvement. She couldn't wait for him to be able to accompany her to doctor's appointments.

"Zoey?" Ryder's voice came through the house.

Zoey placed the dirty dishes into the water, and then walked into the living room where Ryder's voice was coming from. She pulled the t-shirt down over her small pouch and looked in the direction of the television. On the screen was a picture of Bam from a club, the photograph was probably at least a year old. A man came over the television and Zoey watched as the picture of Bam minimized to beside his head.

"Jackass Star, Bam Margera, who entered rehab two months ago is expecting a child with girlfriend Zoey Moore. The two have been dating for a unknown amount of time. Bam entered rehab after nearly overdosing on prescription drugs. He's known for his crazy antics, and Jackass behavior. What's this wild man going to do when he's trading in the skateboard for a baby bottle?"

Zoey rolled her eyes-- of course, one dick head would say something negative about it. Most of the reports on television had been positive. Zoey sighed, as she walked into her bedroom and opened up her lap top, she had been checking out the latest gossip websites to see if any horrible things had been typed about Bam, her, or their unborn child. She was actually surprised when Perezhilton didn't say anything negative. He hardly talked about the topic; he was clearly more concerned with whose cheating on who. Zoey ran over a article that had been posted just earlier today. In large red bold letters was the header:

BAM'S EX VOICES HER OPINION.

Zoey rolled her eyes. How was Missy still scoring interviews? Were people so desperate to get some news that they had to get her to talk to them? Zoey debated on whether or not to read the article. It would possibly piss her off, and stress was something she didn't want in this pregnancy. She bit down on her bottom lip, and promised herself that no matter what Missy had to say-- she wouldn't get stressed out or angry by it; if anything, she would laugh at it.

Interviewer: Did you predict Bam nearly over dosing on prescription drugs?
Missy: Of course-- the drinking was excessive, so I assumed he would start getting into harder things. It was only a matter of time.

Interviewer: Have you heard about the news of him being a father?
Missy: I have actually; Between the two of them, I'm not even sure if the baby will make it. I just hope it survives birth,with all the drugs the two of them take.

Interviewer: So, you're saying Zoey Moore does drugs?
Missy: Of course!

Zoey rolled her eyes. She laughed at Missy-- was she fucking retarded? Did she not know that she could be sued for saying that? That was slander. Zoey continued to read, and laughed when Missy bashed her and Bam more. It was pathetic.

She scrolled down and read some of the comments left by the fans. She smiled as she read how many of them were actually taking up for her and Bam. Most of them bashed Missy all to hell. Zoey saw a comment box at the end of the page and grinned. She decided to leave an anonymous comment of her own; if anything, it would make her feel better about herself.

"Jealousy is a disease bitch, get well soon " Zoey typed, and then pressed send.

Zoey would give anything to punch Missy right in the face, but she couldn't in her current situation. She knew it was better to avoid any contact with her for the next couple of months. She could deal with her once the baby was born-- and if Missy wanted to say anything else, then Zoey could always sue her for slander.

Zoey closed her lap top and then walked back into the living room and smiled. Ryder was playing a skate game. She grinned when she saw what skater he had picked.

"What came is that?" She questioned him.
"Tony Hawk's underground."
"I wanna play!" Zoey said childishly as she took a seat next to Ryder.

He laughed, and then passed her the remote, and showed her a few tricks. She fooled around a little bit on the game, and then laughed when her character of Bam fell to the ground, cursed loudly, and tossed his board. The phone started ringing, and she handed the controller back to Ryder. She answered the phone and was pleased to hear Eva's sweet voice on the other end.

"You up to going out tonight?"
"Where to?" Zoey questioned.
"I figured we could head over to Bam's bar, I hear The Moxy is playing tonight-- of course, you can't drink." Eva said laughing.
"That sounds fun, Ev. What time?"

Eva told Zoey what time and then they ended the phone conversation. Zoey was excited to go out with the girls for a night. She hadn't spent much time with them outside work, and this would be a nice experience for them to share. She decided to phone Bam really quick and let him know where she was going-- just encase he phoned.

"Babe?" Bam questioned.
"Hey baby, I was just phoning to say I'm going out with Ev and the girls. We're going to The Note for the Moxy's show."
"No drinking." He said.
"Duh, I'm not retarded. I love you, Bam."
"I love you too. Have fun, and be careful."

Zoey smiled. Bam was too cute sometimes. She hardly ever drank when she wasn't pregnant, what would make him think she would drink now? She laughed to herself, as she walked into her bedroom to find something to wear for the night.