Cyberspace Romance

Inspection

Image
Bam stood up when his door opened. In walked three males dressed in white, one he recognized as a doctor; while the other two were strangers. Mr. Newman, the doctor smiled at Bam, impressed by his quick recovery he made made while at the facility.

"Mr. Margera, this is just a inspection. If you would, please allow Nick here to inspect you, while Tommy and I check over the room." Mr. Newman said.

Bam nodded his head and walked over to the blonder man and allowed him to pat him down for drugs. Once he was cleared, he watched as they searched his room over. They took the clothing out of his dressers, checked his dvds, flipped through his books, and then finally they demolished his bed. Mr. Newman groaned when he reached down and pulled a plastic bag out of the floor. He couldn't believe Bam had been trying to hide pills in his bed.

"Would you like to explain this Mr. Margera?" The man said turning around.
"That isn't mine!" Bam said quickly.
"It was in your bed, Brandon. I'm sorry-- but this is going to delay your leaving." Mr. Newman said, shaking his head.
"THAT ISN'T MINE!" Bam yelled.
"It was in your bed." The man said once again.
"But it's not mine! I swear to fucking God! It's not mine! You know how bad I fucking want out of this place, Doc! I wouldn't fucking risk it for anything." Bam said.
"I'm sorry, Brandon-- we'll check into other things-- but as of right now, we can only go by what we found." The man said, sticking the plastic bag in his pocket and walking out of the room.
"Well be calling to inform your family about the delay in you getting out." The man said, "I'm very disappointed in you." He said closed the door.

Bam cursed loudly, and picked the closet thing to him, which happened to be his skateboard, and tossed it clear across the room. He raised his hands up to his hair and pulled on it. He couldn't believe this happened. How did it happen? He knew the drugs wasn't his-- but how did they get there?

Zoey was enjoying dinner with Ape and Phil when the phone started ringing. Ape laughed as she walked over to it and noticed on the caller I.D. that it said the rehab center. She raised a finger over her lips, silencing Zoey and Phil, and answered the phone. She was surprised to hear the doctor's voice rather than Bam's.

"Mrs. Margera?"
"Yes-- this is she." Ape said.
"We've had some problems with Brandon-- We had a check today, and drugs were found in his bed-- I'm sorry to say this will delay his release. We're going to do everything we can to help him. We can talk more about this on Sunday when you visit."

Ape was so shocked and hurt by the news. Tears were staining her eyes as she tried to question the doctor. He just told her they could discuss things on Sunday. She hung up the phone and allowed the tears to break over the barrier. She couldn't believe Bam. What was he thinking? He had a baby on the way.

Phil noticed something was wrong and went over to her. He hugged her and allowed her to sob on his shoulder. Zoey looked over at the two of them and burrowed her eyebrows together. She swallowed hard. Why was Ape crying? Was something wrong?

"That was the doctor at the rehab center." Ape announced.

Zoey perked up -- Was those tears of joy? Was Bam being released?

"Bam got caught with drugs-- and he isn't going to be released soon." Ape said.

Zoey's world came crashing down on her. She had hoped Bam would be released in the next two weeks-- and now here he was having to stay even longer. She fought back tears as Ape explained what the doctor had told her on the phone. Zoey couldn't believe it. She rubbed her hand across the small bump, and let the tears drop.

Did he not care about her or their baby?

"What's wrong with him?" Zoey ask, shaking her head. This wasn't the Bam she had saw earlier today.
"I don't know-- they said we can talk about everything on Sunday." Ape said.
"That's a week away!" Zoey said, tears falling.

Ape walked over and pulled Zoey up into a hug. She rubbed her back, knowing it must be killing her as well. Zoey had thought Bam would be there for her now-- thought he'd be able to go to the doctor appointments, and watch as her stomach slowly got bigger.

"His addiction must be worse than we thought, hunny-- but don't worry we're gonna make it." Ape said.

Zoey could hear her words, but they didn't matter. The only thing that she could feel was pain. She was so sure that she and Bam was over all the hassles. She was ready to move forward with their relationship, and be happy. She sniffled and then looked into Ape's eyes; she could see the pain in them as well.

"I just-- I thought he was getting better. . . He said he couldn't wait to be out-- he said it was hell being in that place. He wanted out, he said he didn't want to miss anything else to do with the baby." Zoey said softly.
"He will get out, sweetie." Ape said placing her hands on her cheeks, and making her look up at her. "It's just hard-- we've got to be strong for him, okay?" Ape said.

Zoey nodded her head. Zoey didn't know the full story-- and she hadn't heard Bam's side, so she wasn't going to jump to conclusions, and no matter what the story was; she was going to stand by his side. He was the love of her life, and the father of her child, she would support him in every way possible; but it still hurt her.

"I'm gonna head home-- I gotta get up early for work."
"Are you sure you wanna go home? You can stay here, sweetie." Ape offered.
"No... I better get home-- Ry will worry if I don't come home soon. I'll phone you tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay sweetie-- don't forget, we've got a doctor's appointment on Friday." Ape said, hoping to lighten the tension.

Zoey nodded her head. She was hoping that Friday's doctor appointment would be the last one Bam would miss-- but it looked like he was going to miss several more. Zoey just couldn't figure out what was going through his mind. What changed from earlier today? How did he get the drugs to begin with? Zoey decided to not think about the incident anymore until Sunday-- she would listen to Bam's side of the story before believing anything else.