Cyberspace Romance

Hell On Earth

Image
Zoey smiled as Ape pulled into the rehab center parking lot. Sunday had finally arrived and she couldn't wait to get inside and see Bam. She opened the door, and jumped out before Ape had even had time to place the car in park. She walked through the parking lot, quickly, and walked inside. Smiled at the lady, scribbled her name on the sign in sheet and then walked quickly down the hallway where Bam's room was located. The butterflies were sworming inside her stomach as she turned the corner and walked into his room.

He was sitting on the bed, with his face buried in his hands. He looked up hearing footsteps and smiled when he saw her. She rushed over to his side, and he welcomed her in a warm hug. Burying his face in her hair, he took in her sweet smell. She smelled of strawberries and vanilla, which was the shampoo she used.

"I miss you so fucking much, Zoe. I promise-- I didn't have the drugs. They were planted on me, I swear to you, I want out of this place so bad." Bam said, still hugging her.
"I know." She mumbled in his ear.

She knew Bam wanted out of his place more than anything. He wouldn't mess up like this-- especially so close to being out. Bam backed away from her hug when he heard Ape and Phil walk into the room. He smiled over at his parents softly. Ape had a look of disappointment stretched across her face.

"So, what happened?" She ask.

Bam sighed. How was he suppose to tell her what happened when he didn't even know what happened?

"I don't know-- I went to the bathroom, came back, they searched my room and found a bag of pills under my pillow. They weren't mine!" Bam said.
"How did they get there then?" Phil questioned.
"I don't know! I guess someone planted them on me." Bam said.
"Who hates you in here?" Ape questioned.

That was the only thing that made sense-- was someone hated Bam enough to place pills on him. But who would hate him so much? Everyone in the center knew how excited and happy he was to finally be released.

"I don't know-- I just know this is a load of bullshit. I'm signing myself out. I'm not missing anything else." Bam said.
"No-- Bam." Zoey said, she didn't want himself signing out.
"Zoe! I've missed three months. This is a load of bullshit. I'm not missing anymore appointments, anymore growing, the baby is going to be born before I get out of this shit hole at the rate I'm going." Bam said angrily.

Zoey dropped her head. She didn't know what to tell him. She didn't want him to sign himself out of rehab, but she also didn't want him to miss anything else with the baby. Ape groaned.

"There has to be something else. We're going to talk with the doctors in an hour, and see what they have to say about this." Ape said.

Ape was now believing Bam. After seeing how mad he was about the entire situation, she believed him. She saw how much he loved Zoey, and saw how he wanted to be there for her during the pregnancy.

An hour later, they all walked into a conference room where two staff members were seated already. One had a large orange folder sitting in front of him, they all assumed it was Bam's records. Ape greeted them with a warm smile, as she took a seat directly in front of them.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Wilson, and this is Dr. Stanley."

They done their introductions, and briefly went over Bam's records and rate of improvement. They talked about how well he was doing, and how he was completely drug free-- which brought them to the assumption that he was selling drugs.

"Why would I need to sale drugs?" Bam questioned, "You guys are aware that I'm a millionaire, right?" Bam ask.
"We're not concerned with how much money you have in your bank account, Mr. Margera. We're just going by the facts that we have."
"You have no facts though." Bam said.
"We found drugs under your pillow-- if you aren't taking then, then what else would you like for us to say you're doing with them?"
"I told you; they aren't mine. Someone placed the drugs there!" Bam said.
"You can't accuse other patients, Mr. Margera."

Zoey couldn't believe these two men. Were they blind? They couldn't just accuse Bam of selling drugs just because they showed up in his room. He had no reason to sale the drugs-- he could make more money doing a kick flip than selling a bag full of pills. She rolled her eyes at the ignorance of these two men. She couldn't believe they were two of the head people in charge of this facility.

"Excuse me ma'am, is there something you would like to say?" The doctor ask, noticing her eye rolling.
"Yeah-- actually there is. I'd just like to voice my opinion on how ignorant I think the two of you are being. It's pretty obvious that Bam is not taking the drugs, and it's also obvious that he has no reason to sale them. He's going to be a father, and wants out of this place. But yet-- you people make assumptions. It's stupid." Zoey said.
"Well. I'm sorry you feel that way. But unless we find more evidence that Mr. Margera here is not selling-- or handing the drugs out, then I'm sorry but he will have to stay in this center for a bit longer."

Bam groaned, and pounded his head against the table. He hated this, and couldn't believe they were being such assholes about the entire thing. He got up and stormed out of the room, with Zoey, Ape, and Phil not far behind him. He walked into his room and slammed his fist into the wall hard, leaving a small indent.

"Stop, you'll break your hand!" Zoey said.

Bam turned around to face his girlfriend with glazed over eyes; he was hoping they would dismiss the entire case and let him leave anyways. But luck just wasn't on his side.

"It's going to be okay." Zoey said.
"No-- it's not! I'm fucking stuck here for another who knows how long."

Phil walked back out into the hallway and spoke a few more words to the doctors. He walked back in with a small frown on his face.

"They want to keep Bam for eight more weeks." Phil stated.
"Two fucking months? Are they fucking insane?" Bam said placing his hands in his hair.

Zoey felt her heart rip apart. Two more months without Bam was going to be hell. She swallowed hard and tried to stay strong for him-- she knew he was on the verge of break down.

"It'll be okay, Bam." She said.
"Okay? Zoe! You're going to be over five months pregnant when I finally get out of this place." Bam said.
"I know-- but it's going to be okay." Zoey said, a weak smile on her lips.

Bam groaned. Two more months in this place was going to be hell on earth.