Cyberspace Romance

Coming Home

Image
Zoey was excited to finally be back home. It wasn't that she didn't like Finland, she actually loved it there-- but there was many things she wanted to come home to. She missed her brother, and she had an announcement to make to him and Shianne. Bam had ask her to move in the same night he ask her to marry him, and she couldn't turn him down. They needed to make a stable home for the baby, and she didn't want to be away from him any. So, as soon as she got home; she was going to pack up her things and move in with him-- giving Ryder and Shianne the house she had just bought as a present. She knew they needed their own home since they had their own family-- although she would still help Ryder out as long as he stayed in school.

Bam was also excited about having everyone come over for a recording of Radio Bam. Only a handful of people knew about Zoey having twins, and hardly anyone knew about the engagement. So Bam planned on announcing it on the air. Zoey was inviting all the girls over from work-- and Bam was inviting everyone he knew over. She was going to have a hard time keeping the engagement a secret, especially from Eva.

"I can't wait to get you moved in, Zoe." Bam said, as he drove towards her house.
"I'm sure Ry and Shianne will be excited as well." Zoey laughed.

What two teenagers didn't want a house handed to them? Bam pulled into Zoey's drive way and yawned. It had been a long five days. After the night of the engagement, they spent the next days touring the city, and hanging out with Ville and some of his Finnish friends.

Bam and Zoey walked inside her house, and she smiled seeing Ryder sitting on the couch cuddled up to Shianne. She rushed over and hugged her brother. She hadn't been away from him longer than a day in her life. So being away from him five days was a big challenge for her.

"I missed you sis, how was your trip?" He ask.
"It was amazing!" She said smiling.

She wanted to spill the beans to Ryder right then about the engagement, but she bit her tongue knowing Bam wanted everyone to know on Radio Bam. His plan was to give a lot of people headsets, so when they finally did express their opinion; it would be on air. She just hoped not many people noticed the big diamond that was on her ring finger.

"Can I talk to you two?" She ask.
"Sure, what's up?" Ryder questioned her.

Shianne sit up on the couch, even though Zoey could tell she didn't feel like it. She looked very pale; and had probably been up the entire morning puking. Zoey shot her a innocent smile, and then sunk back in one of her recliners.

"So, Bam and I done a lot of talking this weekend-- we decided that I'm going to move in with him." Zoey said.
"Really? That's great, Zoe!" Ryder said, "But what about the house?"
"Well-- It's already paid for-- and I know you two don't have a house or anything for when the baby comes, so I want to give it to you, sort of as a present." Zoey said grinning.
"On one condition though." Bam said.
"Oh! Yeah-- You both have got to stay in school, and finish college. I'm going to help you out by paying all of your bills, and buying food and such." Zoey said.
"Zoe-- that's too much, you don't have to do all this." Ryder said.
"No, Ry. We're going to help you." Bam popped in, "I'm going to be helping too." Bam said grinning.

Zoey looked over at him and smiled. It warmed her heart to hear him say that. She wasn't in this alone, she would never be in it alone. The ring on her finger symbolized that Bam was going to be there forever; by her side through thick and thin, no matter what happened; it would be the two of them.

"So, when are you moving out?" Ryder ask, "Not like I want you in a hurry or anything-- but I really wouldn't mind having that master bedroom." He joked.

Zoey and Bam both laughed, and Shianne just smiled. She couldn't believe Zoey was being so kind to her and Ryder.

Zoey and Bam talked to the young couple a bit longer.

"We should get started on some of your stuff, Zoe." Bam suggested.

She nodded her head. All she really needed to move was her clothes, personal stuff, and her vanity. Everything else could stay. Bam's house was already packed with everything she could ever need. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a box of large black garbage bags. She would sort through everything when she got to Bam's, for now she would just toss everything into the bags.

She started with her closet; placing all her winter in one bag, while her summer, fall, and spring in another. She had so much clothes-- most of which she would probably near wear.

"Bam?" She called from her closet.
"Yeah babe?" He questioned.
"Please tell me you fixed the closet door." She said, turning around with a grin.

Bam smiled, and thought back to what had happened in the closet. He then starred down at her little bump under her shirt.

"It doesn't need fixing, I wouldn't mind having a few more rounds in there." He said.

Zoey's jaw dropped in embarrassment. She picked up her hair brush laying on the vanity, and tossed it towards him playfully. He chuckled, and then walked out of the room to allow her to finish packing.

After about two hours of packing; Zoey had everything she needed packed up. She glanced around her bedroom and sighed. She had worked so hard on making it her dream bedroom. But, the only time it ever felt like a dream bedroom was when Bam stayed over; which made her realize that it didn't matter where she lived, or what her bedroom looked like, all that mattered was whose arms she fell asleep in.

Ryder helped Bam load the hummer full of Zoey's clothes. Zoey yawned when she climbed into the hummer after saying goodbye to her brother. She still needed to come back for a few things, but she could come back for them anytime. It wasn't like she was moving far away; only ten miles or so. She leaned her head back against the chair and closed her eyes.

"Wore out, babe?" Bam ask.
"Yes. It's been a long day."

They had spent over eleven hours on a flight from Finland, and then came home and packed up Zoey's clothes. It was after nine at night when Bam finally pulled into his house.

"We'll unload the hummer tomorrow, come on. Let's get you to bed." Bam said.

Zoey nodded, and got out of the hummer. The two of them walked inside the house. Novak was sitting on the couch drinking soda and munching on Pizza.

"Welcome home!" He said, his mouth full.

Zoey chuckled, and Bam just rolled his eyes as they walked up the stairs and into his bedroom. They were both too tired to even deal with Novak at the moment.

"I can't wait to hear everyone's reactions to the news." Zoey said.
"Me too-- We'll phone everyone tomorrow, we can do the recording the day after." Bam said.

Zoey smiled-- she was looking forward to seeing what people thought, not only about her having twins but about the engagement. She was positive the girls from work would flip out about both of her announcements. Life was finally pieced together perfectly.