Cyberspace Romance

Shianne's Shower

Image
Zoey grinned as she placed the tissue on top of the gift bag. Today was Shianne's baby shower, and she was looking forward to it. She had already helped Shianne and Ryder transform his old room into a baby room. Shianne had announced she was having a baby girl just a few weeks ago. Zoey was tickled to death for her. She was finally comfortable in her skin, and was beginning to embrace motherhood with open arms.

"So, what time will you be home?" Bam ask.
"I don't know-- I guess it's going to be a few hours. What are you going to do?" She questioned him.
"I guess I'll skate." Bam said shrugging his shoulders.
"Ry will probably come over here." Zoey said.
"Good-- I need a skate partner, Novak's passed out again."
"I seriously think he needs help!" Zoey said laughing.

Shianne only wanted girls at the baby shower. So Bam, and even Ryder wasn't even going to be present. Zoey smoothed out her top and then picked up the bag from the bed and walked downstairs. She had a custom made baby blanket made for the baby girl, whose name was going to be Chloe. She also had a custom made crib, which was already in the hummer. Bam chuckled, when he saw Zoey pick up the keys.

"What?" She questioned.
"I just think it's going to be so funny-- to see little tiny you, driving that big hummer." Bam pointed out.
"Hey! I'm a good driver." She said in her defense.

He kissed her on the cheek and then gave her a hug.

"Be careful, and call me if you need anything." Bam said.

Zoey nodded her head and climbed into the drivers seat of the hummer. She checked all of her mirrors, and then placed her seat belt on and backed out of the drive way. She smiled when the sounds of Seether filled the air. She drove to Ryder's house singing along to the music. She smiled when she pulled into the drive way and saw a few vehicles already there. Ape and Eva were both on the porch in conversation.

Zoey got out of her vehicle and grabbed the bag with the blanket and then walked up on the porch. Eva smiled upon seeing her friend.

"How are we going to get the crib in?" Ape ask.
"Kay and Jenna are dropping by in a few; I'm sure we could handle it." Eva said.

Ape nodded her head, and escorted Zoey into the house where she placed her bag on the floor with the rest of them. One of Shianne's friends was keeping her away until it was time for the shower. Zoey walked into the kitchen and looked on the counter to see a giant baby shower cake. She smiled over at Eva.

"You're so talented, Ev." Zoey said.
"I enjoyed making it!" Eva said.

Ape, Eva, and Zoey scattered around the house and finished placing some of the decorations. Kay and Jenna arrived soon after and helped Eva unload the crib. They sit everything up in the living room. Zoey looked around and smiled. Ryder and Shianne had done a good job at decorating the house the way they liked. It was the perfect little home for the young couple.

After another hour or so, everyone had arrived, and Shianne walked through the door and was completely blown away by the surprise baby shower. The girls talked, ate, and allowed Shianne to open the presents. She was so happy to have everyone there for her.

"Oh my god!" She screamed when she saw the pink crib with the baby's name embedded into the wood.
"I love it!" She said, examining it.

She finished opening everything else and then they played a few baby shower games. Shianne glowed during the entire day, which made Zoey happy. She was glad Ryder had found someone so sweet and amazing. Even though they were young; Zoey was positive they would be the best parents to this baby.

Zoey leaned back into the couch beside Eva and sighed.

"What's on your mind?" Eva ask.
"Nothing really-- just wishing time would pass quicker. I can't wait for the babies to get here."
"It's only four more months, Zoe. You can make it." Eva said laughing.
"I know-- I just wish the months would pass quicker. I just can't wait to hold them in my arms." Zoey said.

Eva smiled. Zoey was going to make such an amazing mother.

After most of the people left, Ape, Eva, and Zoey stayed around to help clean up. Zoey and Eva were cleaning the dishes in the kitchen. The house was a wreck from the games, eating, and lounging around. Ape walked into the kitchen after she finished cleaning the living room.

"Chloe Juliet is such a pretty name." Ape said.
"I know! I love it." Zoey replied.
"You got any names pick out, Zoe?" Eva questioned.
"Bam and I haven't even discussed names-- I guess we should get around to it though." She said.
"Did you tell Eva about Bam at the doctor's appointment?" Ape ask, holding back laughter.
"Oh! I completely forgot." Zoey said.
"Why? What's so funny? Oh God-- What did he do?"
"He thought our babies looked like a guitar and a turtle!" Zoey said with a laugh.

Eva chuckled, and then shook her head. Leave it to Bam to picture the kid being a guitar.

After a bit more cleaning, everyone decided to go home. Zoey hugged Shianne goodbye and then walked outside and climbed inside the hummer. She drove straight home, smiling when she saw Ryder's crotch rocket sitting in the drive way. She parked the vehicle, and then walked inside the house. She looked around and noticed no one was inside. Peeking outside the kitchen window, she smiled seeing Bam and Ryder both skating out back.

She grabbed two bottles of water out of the refrigerator and then walked out back. She took a seat on the grass and watched as the two of them skated back and forth without even noticing her. Bam stopped, to rest for a second, and looked around. He grinned when he saw his pregnant fiance in the grass. He walked off the ramp, and over to where she was. She handed him a bottle of water, and he gulped down the entire bottle quickly.

"How was the shower?" He questioned.
"It was good-- she really loved the crib."
"I'm glad."

Bam took a seat beside her on the grass, and watched Ryder skate through the ramps. Bam never noticed how good he was until now.

"I never knew he was this good." Bam said.
"Yeah-- he's pretty good."
"I mean it, Zoe-- he's like almost pro material." Bam said.
"Don't tell him that, or he'll never finish college." Zoey joked.

Bam laughed, and tossed his arm around her shoulder. Life really couldn't get any better.