Cyberspace Romance

Nervous

Ryder told Zoey to take the next exit and she followed his driving instructions and they was headed into the town of West Chester. They had been on the road for nearly two hours, Zoey was sick of driving, and also pretty sleepy. She hadn't sleep any last night due to wondering about her date with Brandon.

"Okay, turn right at the next red light." Ryder said looking at the map.

Zoey turned and then saw Ryder's face light up when they passed a "Welcome to West Chester" sign. Jacob squealed from the back seat also. She thought it was funny, how two teenage boys reacted to being in such a small town. Zoey yawned as she drove to the hotel where they would be staying. She pulled into the parking lot and turned off her car, grabbed her purse and walked inside.

"Hello, I had reservations for two rooms. One single, one double. Zoey Moore." She said to the person behind the counter.

The woman with the black framed glasses smiled and then handed her two keys. Zoey paid her the money for the two rooms and then walked back out to the car. She got inside and drove down a couple feet and parked in front of her room.

"Okay Ry, you two are in Seven, I'm in Eight. If you guys need anything come and knock on my door. I'm getting a bit of sleep before I head over." She said opening her her hotel room.
"Get some sleep, sis. We're just gonna walk down to fairman's. It's like six or seven blocks away. We'll wake you up later."
"Be sure, don't let me sleep all night." She said with a smile and hugged her brother.
"Thanks sis." he said pulling away from the hug.

She smiled and kissed his cheek and then walked over to her bed and slipped under the covers. As soon as her head hit the pillow she was sound asleep.

Bam paced back and forth in his living room. It was after noon, and he knew that Zoey was probably already in West Chester at this moment. He didn't know what to do about tonight. What if she didn't accept him for who he was? What if she decided his lies were more than she could handle? Was he really ready to lose her just like that? He wasn't. He couldn't deal with losing her right now.

"You're gonna walk a fucking hole in the rug, Bam." Novak said walking into the room handing Bam a beer.
"I can't help it, I'm nervous as fuck." Bam replied taking a swig of the beer.
"You're nervous? Dude, it's just a fucking chick. A girl from the Internet." Novak reminded him.
"Yeah, a girl who thinks I'm someone completely fucking different than who I am." Bam reminded him.
"What's up with you guys and the F word today?" Ape questioned walking up the stairs with a basket of dirty laundry in her arms.

Bam looked towards Novak and shook his head-- he didn't want his mom knowing about Zoey. Not now at least.

"What's going on?" She questioned Bam.
"Nothing, we're just fucking around." He said sarcasm dripping from his use of profanity.
"Not funny." She said walking away to go start the laundry.
"Why not ask for Ape's opinion on the situation?" Novak ask.
"Because, I don't need anyone's opinion!" Bam snapped.
"My opinion on what?" Ape ask peeking her head out of the laundry room.
"Nothing, Ape!" Bam hissed.
"Liar. Now tell me what is going on before I bribe Novak." She threatened.
"Fuck! Fine. I'm suppose to meet a girl tonight, but I'm nervous." Bam said taking a seat on the couch.
"You're nervous?" She questioned him not believing her own ears.

Ape had never saw Bam nervous around a girl. He was the type of guy who just went for the girls-- and if they wanted him then they wanted him, if not then he moved on to the next one.

"Why are you nervous?" Ape questioned taking a seat beside him.
"Because, let's just say I've not been completely honest with her." He said.
"Bam! What did you lie about? What did you promise her? Oh god, Bam! You didn't give her your blue Lamborghini did you?" She ask frantic remembering how he gave Missy his purple one on television, and that's how she won it through the divorce.
"No, no, no! I didn't give her anything. I just. . . She has no clue who I am, mom." He said dropping his head to the ground.
"What? Is she not from America? Is she not into celebrities, or watched MTV?" Ape questioned, confused on how someone didn't know who Bam was.
"Actually. . ." "We've never met. . . I found her on the Internet, and we've communicated through the net and phone since." Bam said.
"I don't understand then. . . Does she not connect the dots that you're Bam Margera?" Ape ask confused.
"I told her my name was Brandon, and I've not even mentioned anything remotely close that would reveal me being famous." He said.

Ape then nodded her head; understanding how this girl could not know who he is. Ape ask Bam to explain the entire situation to her-- and he did. Over the next hour he ended up spilling the beans to his mother, and even showed her a few videos of Zoey. She enjoyed the videos, and he could tell his mom liked Zoey.

"She's hilarious." Ape said laughing. "And beautiful too." She said smiling.
"Yeah, she's much more than all of that too. She's genuine, trust worthy, has a good head on her shoulders, has a career, not to mention she's everything I ever dreamed about in a woman." Bam said looking down at her face that was frozen on the youtube video.

"You've not been divorced long Bam. . . are you sure you're ready to jump in a relationship again? Don't you want time off from women?" Ape questioned him.
"I thought so, until I found Zoey. . . She just changed my mind about everything." He said.
"But what if she doesn't forgive you for lying, Bam? Then what are you gonna do?" Ape ask.
"I'm not sure. . ." he said wondering what to do about tonight.

Zoey raised up out of the bed when she heard a knocking on the door. She tossed the covers off her legs and slowly made her way over to the door. She slung it open to reveal Ryder standing there with Jacob. He had a new skateboard in his arms.

"You should've checked out the town with us. Anyways. It's five. You better call Brandon and get ready for your date. He's picking you up right?" Ryder ask.
"Mhm, I believe so. Come and let me know before you two head off to the bar, okay?" Zoey ask.

Her brother nodded his head and walked next door to his room. Zoey walked over and grabbed her cellphone from the night stand. She dialed Brandon's number and then unzipped her luggage as she waited for him to pick up. She pulled out her outfit and smiled.

"Hey Zoe. . ." He said sounding sad.
"What's wrong, Bran? You sound down." She said.
"Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I've got to do this crap for work tonight. I won't be able to meet up with you. I'm so sorry." He apologized.

Zoey's heart dropped a bit. He wasn't going to meet her? She felt her eyes stinging with tears.

"Oh, it's okay." She said. "I know it must be hard to get away from work. . ."

How hard could it be though? He said he owned a club. . .

"Yeah, I'm so sorry. I'll call you later tonight when I get some free time, okay? I'm so sorry Zoe. I'll make it up to you one day. I promise."
"Yeah, It's fine. I'll talk to you later."

Zoey tossed her phone down on the bed, and then walked out of her room. She pounded on her brother's door and waited for him to come out. Ryder opened the door.

"What's wrong?" He ask noticing her facial expression.
"Brandon bailed on me. . ." Zoey said.
"You're coming with us then right? It'll be fun, Zoe! You'll like The Moxy! I promise!" Ryder said.

He was sad his sister's date bailed, but happy she was coming along with him.

"Yeah. . . Just let me get ready. We'll leave in a bit." She said.

Meanwhile, Bam clutched the phone in his hand and looked towards the ground. He knew he shouldn't have bailed on her, but he just didn't know what else to do. He needed time to work out the details of his lies, and hopefully come up with a way where Zoey wouldn't hate him.

Novak walked into the room and frowned seeing Bam.

"She'll understand one day." Novak said.
"Yeah, maybe. . ." Bam said trailing off.
"Let's go to The Note. You know she can't show up with her brother, so there ya go. The one place Zoey won't be." Novak said.

Bam nodded his head and got up from the chair. The only way Ryder and his friend could get into the bar was if they had a all ages show.

Little did Bam know. . . The Moxy was scheduled to play an all ages show tonight.

He was so caught up in Zoey for the past month, he hadn't been paying attention to the small details of his life.