Cyberspace Romance

New York

Image
Zoey smiled as they turned on the exit heading into New York. Bam was taking her up to New York so she could visit with Jessica. She hadn't saw her since her move. Zoey smiled as they passed some of the familiar scenery she had once saw on a day to day basis.

"Miss it?" Bam questioned.
"No. . . Just miss Jess." She said.

She didn't miss New York at all. She had everything she would ever need in West Chester. She rubbed her stomach as she felt a sharp pain shoot through it, and then slowly a smile curved over her face. The doctor had told her that those sharp pains were more than liking the baby kicking. Bam noticed her face, and then grinned.

"Kick?" He questioned.
"Yeah-- a bit feisty today, I guess." Zoey said giggling.

Bam smiled, and turned down the street where Jessica's shop was located. Zoey squealed out when the shop came into view. She was so excited to see her friend again. Once Bam turned off the engine, she pushed open the door quickly and stepped out. Bam laughed, being nearly six months pregnant didn't even slow her down. He stepped out of the hummer and followed his pregnant fiance in through the door, and watched as she and Jessica ran into each others arms. Jessica stood back and touched her stomach and squealed out.

"I can't believe twins!" Jessica said.
"I know!" Zoey squealed.

Bam leaned against the counter and watched as Zoey's smile never left her face while she talked to Jessica. Some of the other girls, who had worked with Zoey once upon a time, came over and touched her stomach also. Jessica smiled as she made her way over to Bam. She gave him a short hug and then backed away from him.

"You've got yourself one hell of a woman, Bam." She said.
"I know-- just imagine what our kids will be like." Bam said, chuckling.

Zoey smiled as she placed one of her arms around his back. He bent down and kissed her on the cheek. Jessica didn't have a client at the current time, so she talked to Bam and Zoey for a long time. They caught up, and she promised to be there during the birth.

"What else are you guys gonna do while you're up here?" Jessica ask.
"I'm gonna go buy some flowers and put them on mom and dad's grave." Zoey said.

Jessica nodded her head. They talked for a bit more, hugged, and promised to keep in contact soon. Bam and Zoey then held hands as they walked down the street to buy some flowers. The stand she wanted to buy from was only two or three blocks down the road. Lucky for them, no paparazzi were out and about today.

Zoey picked out some yellow roses for her mother's grave, and some red for her father's. Bam handed the man the money to cover the flowers, and then they made their way back down the street.

"Zoey? Zoey Moore?" A voice from the past came.

Zoey turned around slowly, and looked into Kristen's eyes. A woman who could once be considered her best friend.

"Hi Kristen." She said, trying to be nice.
"So-- I hear your engaged, and pregnant apparently." Kristen said.
"Yeah."
"So, am I maid of honor or what?" Kristen ask, flipping some of her long black hair over her shoulder.

Clearly, she thought she and Zoey were still friends. Zoey laughed.

"You're not even invited Kristen." Zoey said, turning around and walking away with Bam, leaving Kristen standing there with a shocked face.

Bam smiled at Zoey for taking up for herself. He remembered all the horrible things Kristen had said about him, and he also remembered how bad she had treated Zoey. It was wrong of her to try to come back in Zoey's life now just because she was marrying him. He leaned over and placed a kiss on her temple as they reached the hummer.

They reached the grave site where her parents were buried about thirty minutes later. Zoey swallowed hard as she looked over at the tombstones.

"Want me to come with you?" He ask.
"No-- I think I should do this on my own." She said.

Zoey picked up the flowers, and then opened the door and began walking through the cemetery. Bam watched as she walked over to two giant tombstones that were placed by a large oak tree.

Zoey placed the yellow flowers on her mother's grave, and then the red ones on her father's. Tears started to flow out of her eyes as she placed one hand on her stomach.

"I really wish you two were here right now, you would love Bam-- and it would make this pregnancy a lot easier, and dad I wish you was here to walk me down the aisle." She said, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"It's going to be twins-- a little boy and a little girl, and I ask you two please to look over them. Be their guardian angels just like you have been mine. I love you mom and dad." She said.

She looked down at their graves one last time before walking back to the hummer. She rubbed her tears away and climbed inside, smiling at Bam. She noticed his eyes were glassed over a bit. He quickly pulled his shades over his eyes and pulled out of the parking spot, and back onto the road.

"You okay?" Bam ask after about fifteen minutes of silence.
"Yeah-- I'm fine. Just sad that mom and dad will never get the chance to meet the babies." She said frowning.
"They'll look over them though." Bam said, Zoey nodded and smiled.

She was positive her parents would look over them, along with her, Ryder, and Bam as well. She knew her parents would be proud of her and the life she now had. She just wished they were here to share it with.