Cyberspace Romance

Pains

Image
Zoey giggled as Bam held his hands over her eyes. It had been a week and a half since the baby shower, and the babies room was finally done. She hadn't saw it since the day of the shower. Bam had been doing a good job at keeping it a 'surprise' even though she had picked out nearly everything inside the room.

Bam reached over and opened the door, slowly moving Zoey inside with him. He looked around and grinned at how perfect the room was. He was positive she would love it.

"Okay, you can look now." He said removing his hands from her eyes.

She opened her eyes and gasped when she saw how beautiful the room was. The walls had different designs by Seth all around them. One wall was dedicated to her and Bam. It had paintings of them that stretched all through her pregnancy. She smiled as she looked at them-- Seth was the best artist in the world, the paintings looked so amazing! The other wall was painted a light pink color, with care bears and rainbows. Another wall was painted with a jungle theme. It was a lot of blues and greens and was perfect for a little boy. In the girls corner, was a white and pink crib, and in the boys was a wooden crib. In the middle was two oak rocking chairs. Zoey continued to look around the room, admiring the toy chests, changing tables, closets, and all the little things. She was so impressed the room had turned out so good. Tears were falling from her eyes and down her cheeks. She looked over at Bam and smiled.

"It's so perfect."
"You like it?"
"I love it, Bam!" She said.

She walked over and took a seat in one of the rocking chairs. She leaned back in it and smiled. Bam took a seat in the other one and linked his hand with hers as they began to rock back and forth.

"I can't wait til the babies get here. Can you believe it's so close?"
"I can't wait either, Zoe."

They sit there for awhile, just rocking back and forth. Both thinking about how happy they are and how it all started.

"It's going to be so funny when our kids ask how we met." Zoey said.
"Can we lie?" Bam ask, laughing.
"No! We'll tell them the truth-- how you lied to me. . ."
"Hey hey hey!" Bam said.
"You did!" She said smiling, letting him know that she was just being playful.
"I'm glad I lied then-- who knows where we'd be now if I didn't."
"Yeah, I'm glad you lied too-- I'm glad we've went through everything actually. It's just made us stronger."

Bam nodded his head. She was speaking the truth. Everything that they had been through had made them closer and made their relationship stronger. Both of them knew that together, they could over come anything.

"Let's go downstairs and fix some ice cream." Zoey said.

Bam smiled, as he nodded his head. He held onto her arm as he helped her down the stairs. They walked into the kitchen.

"You sit down, I'll make us a sundae." Bam said.
"Do you even know how?" She questioned.
"Zoey! I can make a sundae!"

Bam got the ice cream, chocolate syrup, and nuts. Zoey smiled when Bam placed the bowl in front of her. It was done messy, but it looked good. He handed her a spoon and she dug into the rich treat. Bam chuckled, as he placed his own spoon in it and took a bite.

"It's pretty good." Bam managed to say with his mouth full.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to eat with your mouth full."
"Nope!" He said chewing with his mouth wide open.

Zoey rolled her eyes.

"Our kids are going to have such good table manners, I can see it now." She said sarcastically.

Bam smirked, and then took another large mouthful.

"You wanna watch the movie Seven?" Zoey ask.
"Isn't that kind of gorey?" Bam questioned.
"Yes, but I love it!"

Bam chuckled, and agreed to watch the movie with her.

"Oh! I see why you wanted to watch it." Bam said, pointing towards Brad Pitt.
"Oh shut up." She said laughing.

She snuggled up against Bam and watched a bit more of the movie.

"Ouch." She said.
"What?" He questioned.
"The babies are getting kinda rough." Zoey said.

She ignored the kicking, and just continued to watch the movie, though it hurt more than normal. She found herself leaning up off Bam and clutching onto her stomach.

"Baby, you okay?" Bam ask.
"I don't know-- it hurts."
"Are you sure it's kicking?"
"I. . . I don't know-- I thought it was, but it really hurts."
"Let's go to the hospital to make sure!" Bam said panicky.

Zoey nodded her head, and grabbed onto Bam's arm as he grabbed the keys and they walked out of the house and got inside the hummer. Bam rushed towards the hospital, as Zoey phoned Ape and Ryder to let them know where she was.

"It's getting worse." Zoey muttered lowly, not wanting to panic Bam.

They arrived at the hospital, and Zoey explained the pains to a nurse and doctor. She was now crying, and the pains continued to get worse. The doctor checked her quickly and realized that her placenta had separated and detached.

"We need to do an emergency C-Section." He informed Zoey and Bam.

The doctor was just hoping it wasn't too late.