Cyberspace Romance

Cayden

Image
Zoey could hear sounds. It sounded like a humming noise. She slowly fluttered her eyes opened and looked towards the sounds. Sitting in a chair beside her bed was Bam, a small baby wrapped in a blue blanket in his arms. She couldn't help but to smile. Her baby boy had survived. Cayden had survived.

Bam looked over and smiled weakly when he saw Zoey's eyes open. He hadn't left her sight, and he demanded Cayden stay with him at all times.

"Hey baby." Bam said softly.
"Hi." She said slowly.
"You wanna meet Cayden?"

She smiled, and then scooted over a bit as Bam got up and placed the little boy wrapped in the blue blanket beside her. She started crying when she looked down at the baby. He looked so much like Bam.

"How long have I been out?"
"Just a few hours. I'll be back-- everyone's wanting to see you." Bam announced.

Zoey was so happy when she looked down at Cayden, but part of her was so sad because Sydney didn't make it. Bam returned back to the room, with quite a few people behind him. The first one to be by her side was Ryder. Bam took Cayden into his arms, as Ryder hugged his sister.

"I'm so sorry." Ryder whispered in her ear.
"It's okay." She mumbled.
"You know mom and dad are going to take care of her, Zoe."

Zoey cried even more than she thought was possible. Ryder was right-- her mom and dad would take care of little Sydney. She remembered visiting their graves in New York. She ask that they look over the babies, along with her. She believed that they did today.

"I know." Zoey said smiling.

Everyone else came over and hugged her. She was upset that her little girl couldn't be here; but she had always believed that everything happened for a reason. Cayden had lived for a reason.

The doctors came in and explained a lot of things to Zoey. He told her that Cayden was a miracle. He had thought both babies would be dead by how bad her placenta had detached. He also told her that she was very lucky to be alive as well.

"You really have a guardian angel looking over you." The doctor said.
"Two actually." Zoey said, smiling over at Ryder.

Her brother smiled, and she looked over at Bam who was holding Cayden.

Bam smiled as he placed Cayden back in Zoey's arms. She raised one of her hands up and ran her finger over his face lightly. He was her own little special miracle. Ape was smiling beside her.

"He looks so much like Bam."
"I know. Let's just hope he's a little less crazier." Zoey joked.

Bam knew that funeral arrangements for Sydney needed to be made, but he just wanted Zoey to enjoy this time with Cayden right now.

People left the room over time, allowing Bam, Zoey, and Cayden to spend some time together. Bam had arranged for a larger bed be placed in the room so he could join his little family. He was surprised that the doctors were allowing the baby to stay with them. After switching beds, Bam joined Zoey in the bed and glanced over at small Cayden in her arms.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." Bam said.
"You are?" She questioned.
"Yeah-- you could have just gave up, but you didn't."
"I heard him cry." She said, looking down at Cayden.
"You did?"
"Yeah-- everything was going dark around me, but then I heard him cry and I couldn't let go."

Bam leaned over and kissed her on the forehead.

"I can't wait to teach him so many things."
"Like what?" Zoey ask.
"I dunno-- how to skate, how to walk."
"How to urinate." Zoey laughed.
Bam chuckled, "He's really a little miracle isn't he."
"He is. He's so perfect." Zoey said.

Zoey leaned her head over onto Bam's shoulder and closed her eyes. Cayden was sleeping sound in her arms. He smiled as he looked at his beautiful little family. In a few months, Bam and Zoey would be walking down the aisle saying their vows to each other in a beautiful wedding.

Bam couldn't believe he had searched years to find this. Something that should have been right in front of him. Zoey was the woman of his dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter to go :( I hated to end this story.
I have a new Bam story out titled "Keep On Pretending." If you wanna check it out :)