Dream, Nightmare, or Reality?

Prologue

"Never break the rules bad things could happen to you" they said.
"Never talk to strangers, if you do, no one will ever see you again" they said.
"You have to come inside at sunset, only bad people are out past that time" they said.
"Never doubt that the boogyman is real, if you do, you might break the rules" they said.
"There are evil creatures out there, they come out after dark and will hurt you, kill you, or take you away if you stay out past sunset" they said.
"Never spy on people, you might see something that could get you into trouble" they said.
"Stay close to family and choose your friends wisely, you never know who may be on the dark side" they said

These are the superstitions and "fairy tales" Ryllie and every other child heard growing up, some listened closely and some thought it was a joke. To some a random disappearance was just something that happened everywhere in the world, and to others it made them stick closer to the rules than every before. This was just the way life was in Shadyside, Wyoming. The stories went back for generations in this town. Those who were lucky to have great-grandparents have heard stories from their childhoods and stories about their great-great-grandparents lives. There was no doubt that this town had more disappearances and deaths than any other town in the state, but every state has that one town that beats out the others. In todays society about 3/4 of the high school generation still believe in these stories, the other 1/4 may not believe, but they follow the rules that have been set by their parents.

Ryllie is neither a believer or a non believer though, she falls under the pro and con category. She researches the happenings, then gives reasonable explanations followed by explanations that would follow the "fairy tales". If truth be told, she only believed because it made her parents happy. She thinks their town is just like every other town in world, there are bad people and good people and every state and/or country has that one town or city that has a higher crime rate than the others. Her town just happened to be number one in their state and number six in the country.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think? I would love some comments! I need comments to update so i don't feel like i am doing this for nothing. I hope you like it!