Headfirst

Fearless

There's somethin' 'bout the way
The street looks when it's just rained
There's a glow off the pavement


It was my first date with him. It was the first time we'd ever gone anywhere asn anything more than friends.

We walk out of the fancy restaurant that I can't believe he took me to, and I see him immediately relax.

The fresh smell of the spring rain permeates the air and the streetlights reflect off of the wet pavement. TO me, being out here with him is more special than sitting in some fancy-schmancy restaurant. This is the part we'll both remember


You walk me to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot, yeah.


As I walk, I watch him. His dark, wavy brown hair is covered in raindrops from the mist that is still falling.

For years I've loved him and finally he realized that he was in love with me too. For years, we've been best friends and I've waited for this night. All I want to do right now is dance. With him. In the middle of the parking lot.

We're driving down the road
I wonder if you know
I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now
But you're just so cool
Run your hands through your hair
Absentmindedly making me want you


He starts the car and we pull away. I have no idea where we're going, but I don't really care. It doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm with him.

I glance over at him and I can't look away. I'm mesmerized by his every movement. I'm entranced by the sound of his laugh. I'm completely in love with him.

He absentmindedly runs his hand through his perpetually messy hair. The nonchalance of the action drives me crazy. I just want him to kiss me.

And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress
Fearless


This is the perfect moment. The rain pours down around the car, and we sit encased in warmth. I feel his fingers slip around mine and give a little squeeze. It doesn't get any better than this.

So baby drive slow, 'til we run out of road
In this one horse town, I wanna stay right here
In this passenger's seat
You put your eyes on me
In this moment now
Capture it, remember it.


He drives us to the end of a winding dirt road in the middle of nowhere. The rain continues to drip in a steady beat against the walls of the car. But we don't notice that.

All I can see is him; he looks over at me and his smile melts my heart.

I want to remember this exact moment for ever.

And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress
Fearless


"Dance with me?" he asks and I immediately agree.

He gets out of the car and then runs around to open my door. Taking my hand, he pulls me out into the rain.

In no time, we're both soaking wet, but it doesn't matter, and I don't think he cares either. I'm too in love with him to be able to think about anything except how it feels to finally have his arms around me like this.

Nothing else matters anymore, because I'm too far gone. I'm dancing in the rain with the love of my life and I don't have a care or a fear in the world.

Well you stood there with me in the doorway
My hands shake, I'm not usually this way but
You pull me in and I'm a little more brave
It's the first kiss, it's flawless, really something,
It's fearless.


Soon he has to take me home. Neither of us wants this perfect night to end, so we take our time getting into the car and driving back to reality.

The car ride is as amazing as the rest of the date. It's exactly like it always has been between us, only better, because now we both know. We love each other.

Too soon for me, we pull up in front of my house. I don't want it to be over, but I know that it will be soon enough now that I'm home. The thought brings down my mood the tiniest bit, but he notices anyway.

"Why are you sad?" he asks me as we walk up the path to my door.

"I'm not sad exactly," I reply. "I'm really happy because this night was so wonderful. I just don't want it to end."

The smile that he shoots my way stops my heart and then sends it racing a million times faster than it usually does. "It's not ending," he whispers just as we reach the doorway, "This was just the beginning.

I see his lips moving closer and closer to mine. I can't think. I can't breathe. My heart is stopped and my hands are shaking. I'm not usually like this, but this is going to be my first kiss and that thought alone scares me.

But I'm with my best friend in the entire world; the love of my life, and that is exactly what makes this so flawless.

Oh yeah
And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress
Fearless

Yeah
I don't know how
Oh yeah yeah
♠ ♠ ♠
So, guys, what do you think? I'm actually kinda proud of this one.

Comments?

I don't know what else to put so I'm gonna go update Picking Up the Pieces of My Broken Heart. If you haven't read that, you should.
=]

Peace. Love. Comments?
<3Adelina