Sequel: Never Again

Three Strikes

You've Got To Be Kidding Me

"So where do I sleep?" Joe asked me as we entered my apartment. It was quarter to midnight and all I wanted to do was sleep. I kicked off my heels and rubbed at my tired eyes. I walked to the fridge, midly aware of Joe following. I pulled out a carton of milk and filled a glass.

"In the room you slept in last night." I answered through a yawn. I then noticed the Nike bag Joe held in his hand.

"Clothes," he said after noticing my look. "I figured I could do with a change before I start to smell nasty." He smiled and ran a hand through his long, messy hair. I shrugged and turned back to the kitchen, flicking off the lights. I rubbed my neck and showed Joe his room.

"The guest bathroom is the room next door. You can throw your clothes in the drawers, most of them are pretty empty I think." I flicked on his lights and watching as he pulled off his shirt and jeans.

"What, you're just gonna watch me strip?" Joe teased me, chucking his shirt at my face. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "You know you want me," laughed Joe.

"You wish."

"What time are you at work tomorrow?" Joe questioned, rummaging through his bag.

I fought back another yawn. "Eleven. I finish at four. I'll leave you a spare key in case you decide to go wandering or something."

I heard him agree and I bid my 'fiance' goodnight before heading straight to my bedroom. I stripped down and changed into a tank top and a pair of girl boxers before brushing my teeth. I climbed into bed and settled down, very aware of the semi-naked twenty-year-old lying in the other room.

XXXX

The next day I arrived home from work to an empty apartment. On the side Joe had left me a note.

I've gone for a meeting with Kev and Nick.
I'll be back at sixish.
Order out? My treat.
- J.


I smiled at his messy script and poured myself some OJ before changing into a pair of sweats and an old faded NYU shirt I'd bought in my first semester. I turned on the television and started catching up on Gossip Girl reruns, watching a few episodes when I heard the door open. When I looked up I saw Joe standing in the doorway, closing the door. His guitar was strapped to his back.

"Hey," I said, turning my eyes back to the television set. Joe dropped his guitar in his room and sat next to me on the couch.

"Gossip Girl?" He wrinkled his nose.

"The one and only," I replied, watching as Blair had it out with Jenny. He wrapped an arm around my back and frowned.

"You smell like strawberries."

I laughed. "Do I?"

"Yeah," said Joe. "No, Rose, seriously. What shampoo do you use? I want some." He sniffed my hair again. Laughing, I wriggled away from him, dropping my bowl of popcorn and blanket to the floor.

"Stop with the flattery!" I wailed as he got up, ready to chase me. I then noticed his troubled face. "Joe... what's up? You look pretty pissed. Did I do something?"

Joe shook his head and sighed. "No. You didn't. It's my fault really."

"Joe." I said sternly. "Out with it."

The second I said that he handed me a crumpled envelope. Tearing it open, I took out the paper and my eyes widened. "You have got to be kidding me," I groaned.

On behalf of Hollywood Records
We invite you to the engagement party
of Joseph Adam Jonas and Rose Mary Flectcher
to celebrate their eternal promise
on 26th April 2010
Please RSVP accordingly.

HW Records.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the comments and subscriptions! Like I said, they make me update faster :)
Let's keep it up, shall we?