Jenny Was a Friend of Mine

Eh Eh...Nothing Else I Can Say

I couldnt' kiss her for too long, because I didn't want to make her weak again. It was hard to pull away, but I knew it was necessary.

Instead, I kicked off my shoes and climbed into the bed. I snuggled against her and pulled her fragile body to mine. My lips pressed to her forehead and I watched her as she drifted off to sleep.

Andrew was dead to me. Jenny had never done anything wrong in her life, but she was treated like this. Worse than a circus animal. A tear fell from my eye, but I quickly brushed it away. I had to be strong for Jenny.

I never moved for two hours. It was getting close to time for me to leave, but I begged the clock to stop ticking, just for another hour or two. I didn't want to leave her.

A knock came at the door, and then it opened. Jenny's mom came in, eyes tired and hair in all different directions. I put a finger to my lips and quietly got out of the bed to greet her mother.

"She's been sleeping for a couple hours now," I whispered.

"Thank you for coming. She's been asking about you," her mother whispered back.

My ego perked up. "Oh, really?"

I got a nod for a response.

"I have to get back home and help my mom with the house because we're having company later tonight, but I promise I'll be back tomorrow."

I quickly pecked her goodbye on the cheek, gave your shoulders a squeeze, and reluctantly walked out of the room. When I was almost ten feet from her door, I backtracked, kissed my palm, and pressed it against the door. "Until tomorrow, my angel."
♠ ♠ ♠
I do apologize for the long break. I have suffered severe writer's block with this story and quite honestly, I have no idea how to choose where this story is going. I have a few ideas, and it's too hard to pick. xD
Keep encouraging me, and I'll finish it. Promise.