Status: Active

Never Say Goodbye

31

Title Credit: Dear God - Avenged Sevenfold.

*Third Person POV*

February fifteenth.

Matt sighed. Jackie had been sleeping since seven last night and it was currently eleven AM. Yes he checked on her ever ten minutes to make sure she was alive. She was breathing, but in a sound sleep. She wouldn't flinch even if he pinched her. He was a little worried, but not too bad.

His gaze was glued on the television, when he felt someone in the room. He looked to his left and smile when he saw Jackie standing at the bottom of the stairs, but his smile faded as he took in the tears on her cheeks.

He stood up quickly, jumping over the side of the couch to make his way to her "What's wrong?" He asked. Her face collided with his chest as she sobbed, her hands were at her sides, covered in blood. "Oh God, Jackie, what's the matter? What happened? Babe, what's wrong?" He asked, pulling away and looking her over, her pants were stained all over with deep red blood stains. Her eyes were soaked with tears.

"Matt..." She whispered as he looked her over. He knew it wasn't good, and so did she. She looked at her hands and cringed, doubling over and screaming "Matt!" Now her voice was high pitched and scared "Matt what's going on?"

"I.." He paused, watching as she fell to the floor. He was frozen, scared out of his mind "I don't know.." He stammered "We have to go to the hospital." He said, trying to lift Jackie up.

She stood up, still closing her eyes in pain as she walked to the car "It'll get all gross." She breathed.

"I don't care." Matt opened the door and helped her in as she screamed once more.

Her bloody fingers gripped her stomach as Matt drove like a madman to the hospital, not waiting for her to get out, and carrying her in.

"I need a doctor! Please!" He shouted as he entered the ER. Everyone looked at him. The tall, creepy looking guy, tattoos covering his skin, holding a bleeding woman who was screaming. They were a sight.

A nurse wheeled a chair over and questioned Matt "What happened? Is she pregnant?"

Matt glared at her "Like I know what happened, and isn't it obvious?" He asked as Jackie looked up.

"JUST TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG!" She sobbed and clutched Matt's hand.

A doctor walked out with a clipboard, looking at Jackie "How many months is she?"

"Seven." Matt said, relieved as he noticed how close Jackie was to nine months. But it was still so far away.

The doctor nodded with a sympathetic look as they took Jackie away from Matt, his heart was racing as Jackie screamed.

"Matt! Matt where are you!" She shouted, her voice was so scared and nervous Matt ran to the doors she was taken behind.

"I'm right here babe! I'm here!" He shouted as someone pulled him away from the doors. Tears flowed from his eyes as he pulled his cell phone out, Zack and Gena needed to be here.

~*~

"Dude, she's in labor?!" Gena asked, running up to Matt and hugging him. But as she took in the look of horror on his face, she backed up "What's wrong?"

"She was bleeding, and in pain, and..." Matt stopped, his throat closing "Bleeding a lot."

Zack looked at the doors that Matt was staring at, with a grim expression. His sister, his sister was... was... He didn't want to know what. Having a miscarriage? Having a baby? He had no clue, but either way it scared him.

Before he knew it, Zack was staring at a surgeon. His eyes were pained through his glasses, he pulled the mask down from his mouth as his lips parted in a sigh. "I'm so... so very sorry." He whispered.

Zack stood up "What happened? What's wrong? Is my sister alright? Is her baby ok? What's going on?" He demanded. Well then again, with the look in Zack's eyes, the surgeon knew if he didn't answer what Zack wanted, he would be the next to die.

Matt took Zack's shoulder and pushed him back lightly, facing the surgeon "What happened?" Matt asked, in a slightly calm tone. Zack was gritting his teeth, waiting.

"The girl is alright... but we couldn't save the baby..." He said, sympathy in his voice "The bleeding was-"

That's where Matt's ears stopped hearing. He stopped listening. He shoved past the doctor and walked with a purpose towards the doors. Ignoring shouts and yells from nurse and doctors. Like I said, he wasn't listening. He pushed the two swinging doors open and his eyes met a sight he never wanted to see.

Two doctors and three nurses were crowded around a table, there was a baby covered in blood and some other substance lying on the table. It's skin was purple and blue. Matt looked over to the table where three large doctors were holding a screaming Jackie down. His heart crashed to the floor. That was his baby. That was the life he and Jackie created together, so unexpected yet so loved.

"Let go of me!" Jackie shouted, her voice angry and scared now "Let me go! Matt!" She shouted at the tip top of her lungs, her voice almost giving way "Where's Matt! Where's our baby! I don't hear crying!" She sobbed and tried sitting up. But a doctor pushed her down "MATT!" Jackie shouted, her sobs and shouts mixing as Matt ran over to her.

"Shh, I'm right here." He said, looking down into Jackie's terrified eyes. His hands found her face as a drop of water splashed down to her nose, Matt noticed he was crying, but couldn't care less right now. Jackie sat up, nearly knocking Matt over as she wrapped her arms around him "I'm right here baby.." He whispered as Jackie screamed again.

"Where's my baby?" She said, her breaths becoming heavy as she looked at Matt. He shook his head as more tears, if it were possible, flowed from Jackie's eyes. "No..." She whispered "No no no! This was... This was our baby!" She sobbed into Matt's chest, calming herself down with his scent. "Our baby,.."

"Our baby." Matt whispered back. As a doctor began explaining to them what was to happen now. Neither one care, they were too caught up in their loos to care.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad, I know. There's more coming, another one real soon so keep an eye out.

I hated doing this, but it was needed for this story to... grow? Something like that.

xoxoxoxoxo (even though you probably hate me) Jackie