Summer Hair

I Don't Care

"Dude, I don't even care about passing with all D's." William huffs, carrying his duffel bag down the street. School just got out and he's staying at Pete's house for the summer. Pete looks at him and shakes his head.
"Your mom sure will." He warns.
William scoffs. "Please. She won't care if she never receives it."
Pete rolls his eyes, but William can't see.
"Will, you're way smarter than that. What happened to the little kid I use to know? The one who use to cry whenever school was canceled. The one who got pissed if he got a B. The one who-"
"I GET IT!" He yelled, echoing throughout the block.
William threw the bag over his shoulder with an "OOF!"
"He's gone." He replied.
They continued walking. It was quiet for a minute-
"I think the only reason you're doing this is too become cool. Coolness isn't in the way you are academically. It's in your attitude. And frankly, that's not the best thing about you, either."
William stops and looks at Pete.
"Kay, can we stop trashing me for like..a second? We've got better things to talk of."
"Like what?"
"Like Patrick Stump."
William grins when he sees Pete's face go red and they start to walk again.
"What about him?" Pete asks, his voice uneven.
"You know you love him with the passion of a thousand seas."
"The passion of a thousand seas?" Pete asks, humorously.
"But of course, darling. Your heart yearns for him. Am I right?" William smirks.
"You are one strange kid." Pete comments.
"Don't change the subject." William smacks his hand.
They finally approach the porch and they kick their shoes off. Once they enter, they can hear Semi Precious Weapons blasting through the speakers.
William runs in through the kitchen where Pete's brother is listening to the radio and slides through with his socks, singing along.
"Her hair! Her hair! Her hair is on fire! She don't want no water, let her fuckin' head burn!"
Pete walks in laughing, but sings along anyway.
"You may think she's crazy, but baby, she's amazin'!"
William plays air guitar and *Demi just shakes his head.
"You guys are ruining a perfectly good song." He comments, washing a plate in the sink.
"Oh, Demi. Do you love us?" Pete asks his younger brother as he slides onto the large counter.
"Depends on you want from me."
"Oh..all I want you to do is go and buy us a bag of chips and a two liter of Pepsi..."
"YOU TWO WERE JUST OUT. Why didn't you get it then?"
"We didn't have any money then." Pete replies.
Demi grips the counter top and sighs.
"You guys have to leave the room when Leigh comes over." He reasons.
Pete squeals.
"Have sexy times with your girlfriend, as long as we get our caffeine and fat." Will says.
"Just keep unpleasant noises down, you fruits."
"Ha ha. Oh, you naive little thing. William and I will not be having intercourse for I have a husband already."
"And who would that be?" Demi asks.
"Patrick Martin Stump." Pete stares dreamily in space.
"SEE?! I knew you liked him!" William shrieks as they run into Pete's room, giggling.
Demi sighs and smacks his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Demi is not Pete's brother's name. I don't even think he has a brother.