Summer Hair

Who Am I To Judge?

"DEMI!!!!!"
That's what I heard as I slowly awoke. I groaned and pulled my power puff girl pillow over my ears. Yes, I have one of those. Shut up.
I saw Demi appear at the door way, pissed as hell.
"Pete, what the hell do you want?" He asked.
"I just wanted to know what dad was cooking. Jeez."
"Bacon and eggs. Is there anything else you wanna know?" Demi grumbled.
He looked like such a cutie in his little boxers and such.
"Uh...did the mail run? And if so, did you see what was put in it?" Pete grinned.
Demi shifted and leaned on the door frame.
"The usual. Oh, an some gigantic envelope.."
Pete's jaw hung. He climbed off the bed, knocking me off in the process.
He yelled a "sorry" as he ran out the door. Demi was fortunate enough to move out of the way. He looked down at me and laughed.
"You okay?" He grabbed my hand.
"I'm grand." I smiled.
He pulled me up and I fell back on the bed in a swirl of all the covers and blankets Pete had on his bed.
"So, you guys sleep together?"
I nodded.
"We're pretty comfortable with each other by now. It's been 13 years." I laughed.
I changed the subject. "So, did your girlfriend stay the night?"
He shook his head.
"No, she's not allowed because my dad thinks we'll have sex. But, he lets you stay over with Pete, in the same bed, for the whole summer. I don't get it."
I laughed hard. When will this kid get it through his skull that two gay guys can be best friends and not have sexual relations?
"Demi, Pete and I are like brothers. I throw up at the the thought of being with him that way."
"Really? I never thought of it that way."
We sat there a minute.
"So, where'd Pete go?" He asked.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"Dad, where's Pete?" Demi asked as Mr. Wentz passed the bedroom door.
"He's spazzing in the kitchen." He answered.
Mr. Wentz had a big belly, a mustache, and curly hair. And he was full blooded Hawaiian.
He was quite fantastic if you ask me. Very open minded.
Demi and I walked down the hall and into the kitchen.
There Pete sat at the table, squealing over some yellow book.
"What's that?" I asked as I slid into the booth.
"Our school year book, silly." Pete answered, flipping through it.
"We finally got it in the mail."
"How much did we pay for that, Pete?" His dad asked, walking into the kitchen.
"Only $52." Pete answered.
"Only? Who gave you that kind of money?"
"Mom." We all said in unison.
Mrs. Wentz was the most nice woman you could ever meet. She was like an angel. Pete and I were the daughters she always wanted.
Pete hurriedly flipped the pages, trying to find the 11th graders. He was really trying to Find Patrick stump. I knew it as soon as he was searching through the S of last names.
We reached a picture of a boy with reddish hair covered in a "I heart Bingo" cap. Patrick Stump for you.
Pete squealed and circled the picture with a sharpie. He drew a heart with an arrow through it. Demi and I both sighed and rolled our eyes.
"Do you want to see a picture of his best friend?" He asked.
"Not really." I answered.
Pete punched my shoulder and flipped backwards towards the M of last names.
I held my shoulder in pain, hissing.
He stopped straight at some boy. His finger pointed at the name. Travis McCoy. I really liked that name. The boy in the picture was mixed. He had curly dark brown hair and he had his Monroe pierced. I thought he was gorgeous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Travis is gorgeous.