Vendetta

The Ghost of You

Image

I stood in the wings of the stadium watching them perform. The pyrotechnics were spot on which was a good sign that everything was going according to plan. This concert was the best and I was to thank for it. It made me feel good inside knowing that all this came together, plus I was listening to rad ass music so that was a bonus.

But there was one thing that was missing. I wasn’t in the crowd! So I pushed my way to the front to get the full effect of my genius. The bass and the drum seemed to be beating through me, making me feel uplifted. If this was a drug, then I never want to be sober.

I suddenly felt someone grab my left arm and jerk me around. I turned, what I could turn anyways, to see who the hell was yanking on me when I realized that one of my old friends, Oliver, had a hold on my arm.

I screamed and tried to hug her as best as I could through the crowd but it was kinda difficult though. I resigned myself to wait until after the show to talk to her because lets face it, trying to now would be folly. Besides, a band this damn good deserves our full attention.

Actually seeing Avenged in concert was a real treat. For a moment, it actually felt like I was an actual concert go-er and not the person who help to set all of this up. I looked up at them and gave myself quite a shock.

Synyster was shredding along with Zacky, back to back, right in front of me and it seemed to me that if they weren't careful they could either fall into the crowd or bust their ass in front of everybody. It almost scared me because they were like... right there and I didn't want them to fall on me.

But then Matt burst in between them, making the teeny girls scream even louder. I couldn't help myself, I just smiled at their antics. Matt then pulled his aviators down just enough to show his hazel eyes.

I know its going to sound like some sort of corny episode of awe but it really was like everything dimmed down and all I could see were his eyes and his smile. For such a large and kinda scary dude, he really wasn't what everyone thought him to be.

I was brought back to reality when he winked in my general direction and made the girls go wild again. I scowled a little at him because the girls were now pushing on me and stuff to get to him. I made a mental note to get him back for that. I watched him a little more as he moved around on stage but my attention was diverted to the drummer in the background, Rev.

He was laughing while he drummed on his huge setup, with sweat on his face but for a second, I thought I saw my dad behind that set. It freaked me out because they look so similar yet so different. Soon I couldn't even look at him without wanting to burst into tears. The pain of losing him was still too near.

I pushed my way out of the crowd and tried to run away from the image with Oliver on my tail. I couldn't even see where I was headed until Oliver stopped me from running away. She knelt beside me and let me cry on her shoulder.

"Sully... What is it?" Oliver tried to comfort me. I tried to stop myself from crying but all I managed was hiccuping. She waited until I had gotten control over myself to ask again. I didn't know that Mika and Crystal had come up to us to see what was the matter.

"Oli... You don't know... My dad died not too long ago and I can't even look at Jimmy without seeing him! I don't know what to do!" I almost burst into tears again if it wasn't for the fact that I must have look like a small child, crying in front of everyone. I pulled myself together long enough to notice the audience.

The girls all hugged me and let me know that it was ok. Everyone hurts and that you'll never fully get over it but it will get easier to live with after a while. I just hoped that they were right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that Jimmy is gone but I'm going to keep him alive in my memory as well as in this story. He will never be forgotten

R.I.P. James Sullivan ^^Jimmy^^