If You'll Be My Star, I'll Be Your Fanclub

This Is Personal.

Trella's Point of View

Ever since I was in grade school, on the first day of school when the teacher would call out everyone's names for attendance, people been making fun of my name. I don't know what my parents were thinking when they named me something like Tuesday. Well, obviously they hadn't been thinking very far ahead in my life. So by now, it was almost a natural reaction to react the way I did to Gabe. It might have actually been an overreaction too, but oh well. I did not like when people did that, and if he was going to be around me at all, he needed to learn now.

"Trella?" Addi asked, walking into her bedroom where I was sitting on the bed. I laid my head down on my favorite pillow that she had. It was a feather pillow, and it was always so soft. But now, something was off with it. It smelled like Gabe, and I threw it away from me. "What's up with you?"

"What? He was making fun of my name. You know how I get," I answered, picking at a string on the edge of the blanket.

"That's not what I'm talking about," she told me, sitting down. "Where were you guys this morning?"

"In the spare bedroom," I answered, glancing up to see her looking at me questioningly.

"Why did you go in there? Trella, what did you guys do?" she asked, looking worried.

"I don't really remember. I just woke up with him," I lied. I knew exactly what happened last night. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her everything.

"You think you guys just passed out?" she asked, and I nodded.

"Probably," I responded, thinking 'yeah, let's go with that'.

"Well, it could have been worse," she said, and I nodded. I felt kind of guilty for lying to Addi, but I needed to think about everything that happened last night before I talk to anyone besides Gabe about it.

"Addi, what time is it?" I asked her, and she looked at her phone.

"Like, one," she answered.

"I have to go see Kimmy today," I said, running a hand through my messy hair. Kimmy was one of our friends from high school. She's a hairdresser, and she's really been doing my hair since we were fourteen.

"What time?" she asked.

"Like, 2:15 or something like that," I answered.

"What are you getting done?"

"Cutting it. I might color it, I don't know," I said, and she nodded. "I need to go home and get ready though."

"Okay. I think I'm gonna go with you. I could use a haircut too," she replied, and I smiled. "Call me when you're ready to go, okay?"

"Yeah," I answered, leaving the room and walking out to the living room. I glanced at Gabe, who was watching me as I walked past. He bit his lip, but looked away when he noticed I was looking at him.

**

"What did you do with the band while you left?" I asked Addi when Kimmy walked away.

"I think they were going back to the studio to record. Or someone's house. I'm not sure," she said.

"Oh," I answered. My head was itching, but I couldn't itch it, because of the dye.

"Gabe was really quiet today. It was kind of weird," Addi told me, and I bit my lip, looking at my nails.

"Maybe he was hungover."

"No. Gabe doesn't act like that when he's hungover. It was like something was bothering him," she said.

"Yeah. He just shook his head and said he was fine. Alex and Ryland told me to just let him be. They said he's been like that some days since him and Bianca broke up," she said, and I nodded.

"Actually, Addi, there's something I didn't tell you about last night," I said, chewing on my lip.

"What is it?" she asked, looking concerned.

"I had a lot to drink. And Gabe and I were dancing together, and then we ended up in the spare bedroom," I said.

"Trella, did you guys..."

"Yeah, Addi, we had sex," I answered, and she looked at me shocked for a minute before her eyes widened.

"Are you serious? I mean, oh my god!" she said.

"I know. I was so drunk though, I don't really think I knew what was going on," I told her.

"Did you and Gabe talk about it?"

"No. I woke up before he did. I got dressed and went out into the living room, and he came out like, a half hour later," I answered. "I don't even know if he remembers what happened."

"I'm sure he does. That would explain why he was so quiet this morning."

"Why would it bother him? I'm sure stuff like this happens to him a lot," I answered.

"I don't know. Him and Bianca dated for almost two and a half years. Plus, from what I remember, Gabe wasn't one for one nightstands," she told me. "I think he likes you, Trell."

"No he doesn't," I shook my head.

"You don't know that. I really do think he does, though. I think he's scared," she told me.

"Scared of what? Me?"

"He could be intimidated. Gabe used to get so nervous around girls he liked. He was cool with pretty much anyone, but if he had a crush on a girl, he got so awkward around them," she told me.

"And you think that means he likes me?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just have this feeling. Why? Don't you still really like him?"

"Well, yeah. I really, really like him actually."

"Ask him out."

"No," I said.

"Why not?"

"I'm still not convinced he likes me. And I'm not making a fool of myself in front of someone I barely know," I told her. "Plus, if I ask him out, then there's no reason you can't ask Nate."

She looked shocked, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What? You think I didn't notice?"

"No, I can't. I mean, it's totally different than you and Gabe. Nate has a girlfriend, who he obviously likes a lot. I would have no chance if i asked him out," she answered and I rolled my eyes.

"You don't know that," I mocked her, making her roll her eyes.

"Yeah, I do. Now just shut up about it, okay?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Don't dish it if you can't take it," I answered, and she gave me a look which made me shut up.

Suddenly I felt something in my pocket vibrating. I pulled my phone out and saw I had a text from Gabe.

Trella, we need to talk.

I bit my lip when I saw that, glancing up to see Addi was lost in her own thoughts.

My place at six? More privacy than Add's., I replied back.

I waited a couple of minutes before it started buzzing in my hand again.

That'll be good. this is personal.