Protection That Ends in Marriage

Chapter Sixteen

Alex. I yell at you because otherwise you don’t listen to what I try to say.” he told me. I shook my head once more. “I’m listening right now, aren’t I?” I asked him. He sighed. “Not the point. Right now, you’re not in trouble. When you know you’re in trouble you don’t listen to me talk to you.” he said. “Well why am I in trouble? Because I do stuff that father wouldn’t approve of? We’re not with father yet, Zachary and you have to realize that maybe I’m only 15 years old! I’m a teenage girl. I’m going to be making a lot of stupid decisions. I’m still considered a kid to most people.” I told him. “But I know you’re not a kid. I know you can make the right choices if I tell you right from wrong.” he told me. “You can’t make my decisions for me, Zachary! I have to find out right from wrong on my own. I’m going to have to make mistakes in order to learn that. And like I said what are you protecting me from?” I asked him.
He looked at the monitor. “From getting your heart broken like I got mine.” he told me, looking at me for a second. He looked completely crushed, like he finally defeated, broken, and it was horrible to see him look so, so fragile. Just looking into his eyes, I could see there was something he was hiding from everyone to keep himself looking strong, making it seem like nothing ever hurt him because he was tough, but he was broken and now he’s been hiding behind a wall to keep anyone from seeing that he was in pain. It was heartbreaking. “Zach.” I said quietly. He shook his head no. “I don’t want to talk about it Alexandra. Go home.” he said lying back down. I will find out what happened. I got up, hugged Zach and grabbed my bag. I went to the waiting room where Carey and now Greg were. Greg dropped us off and came to pick us up. We all decided that Zach shouldn’t have everyone in his room at once. Casey was going to come but father wanted her so just Carey and I came.
“So. How is Zachary?” Greg asked us. We were sitting in his car now. He was driving and I was in the passenger seat, Carey was in the back looking out the window. She looked distant, like she was in another world but yet sitting right behind me at the same time, you know, I bet that’s possible. “He’s fine. He’ll be coming home in no time I bet.” I told Greg. He smiled and squeezed my hand. The whole ride we’ve been holding hands. I couldn’t get what Zachary had said out of my mind. He doesn’t want me to get my heart broken, like he got his? I have to get some answers. I couldn’t get seeing my dad off of my mind. I haven’t ever seen my real parents so you can’t blame me for being nervous, right? And I couldn’t decide who I wanted to marry.
First of all, they all are pretty sweet. Drake is so loving and he shows me how much he really wants me to be with him. He shows me that he truly loves me and doesn’t want me to be with anyone but him. Greg, Greg is so, shy and nervous. He doesn’t want me to be mad over anything and yet, I can talk to him about anything. Trevor, even though Trevor may be rude and mean he has the whole bad boy thing going for him and that just draws me in. I can’t help but stare at Trevor whenever he’s around, he’s so hypnotizing. And then there’s Andy. So far I feel like I can trust Andy the most. Andy’s so nice and care free. He tells me the truth about anything, I know I can trust him.
There is so many great things about all of them and it’s so hard to chose which one I’d rather marry. I love every one of them already I’m just not sure if I love them as a husband or as a brother. Even though nobody can replace Zachary.
In these last few days or weeks, I’ve grown to love everybody. I know they all care for me and don’t want to hurt me or have anything else hurt me. My life has changed so much in the last few days or weeks that couldn’t happen in years. Having them around all the time makes me feel so much better, more loved, I’m so glad I met them.

I could tell that Greg was reading my mind so I made sure not to think anything about him, Andy, Trevor or Drake. I decided only to focus on my brother, but not what he said to me. “It’s going to be alright. Don’t worry.” Greg said to me. I gave him a warm smile. We pulled up at the house and got out after he parked. I said good night and hurried up to my room. Andy was there. “Hi.” I said happily. He smiled. “Hello my lovely Alexandra. How’s my wonderful friend Zachary doing?” Andy asked in his perfect English way he talks. I giggled. “Well he’s good. Getting better by the minute. Should be home in two days they said.” I told Andy. He nodded and turned on my TV. “You know what Andy?” I asked him. “Yes?” He asked. “It’s really weird but I’m actually getting used to having someone in my room when I get home and having someone with me at all times.” I told him. He smiled. “Well good. It’s going to be like that until you get married.” he told me. I sighed.
“What’s wrong, love?” Andy asked worriedly. I gave a sad smile and sat next to him on my bed. “It’s just sometimes I’d like to be alone, to think without having to worry if someone’s reading my mind, to relax and clear my thoughts. And just to be alone!” I told him. He nodded. “I completely understand. It makes perfect sense that having someone around you at all times would get tiring quickly. Just like nobody wants to be alone, nobody wants to be with someone at every moment of the day.” He said to me. I smiled. “It’s good to hear someone gets it.” I said lying my head back on Andy’s chest. My head went up and down as Andy breathed in and out.
I quickly fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up, I couldn’t remember anything from my dreams. I hurried and got up but made sure not to wake up Andy. I walked to the bathroom and got a shower, wrapping a towel around my body. I went back into my bedroom and into my closet finding some jeans and a cute black shirt to wear. I walked back into my room again and smiled. Andy looked adorable when he’s sleeping, I thought. Then I rushed out of my room and into the kitchen. Nobody was in there. I walked into the dining room, nobody. Living room, empty. Either everyone was asleep or not home. Weird that I woke up so early.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I realized when I got a comment about a month ago how I just kind of completely stopped writing and left all of you wondering how it ends.
Well I hope you haven't all given up on me.
I'm going to have another writer help me with writing this, since she kindly criticized my work and offered to help.
Neon_Skies_Killjoy will hopefully accept and still be fixing my chapters and helping me move the story along.
Sorry again for not writing. I've been busy but I'll try my hardest to update more!