Never Again

Boxing Ring

“ARHhhh, get AWAY from me. NO Stop it….please, honey…” I screamed and pleaded and begged to Alex.
“You whore,” was all he said to me untill the next day…

“Good morning Rosie, how was your night?” he smirked at me, his venomous eyes looking over to the couch where I slept, unless he ‘wanted’ something from me i.e. sex.
“Yeah, it was an okay night, you?” I said back, fake smiles becominf easier by the day.
“What?” he asked as he took a swig from a bottle, I could only guess it was vodka ‘the best way to cure a hangover is to drown it’
“Did you have a good night?” I asked, wanting so hard to forget last night.
“it was okay. Wish you hadn’t have ruined it.” The usual respone. Every morning, without fail. Ocasionally it would be the afternoon he would say this, depending on his state of drunkness the night before.

I lived in a coma during the day and early evening. When night came I awoke to a living in a boxing ring…

“You, bitch.” He stated, it’s the truth, I am a bitch. “Oy, geettttttt meee anottthhhhhhhhhher drinkk before I..I do something,” he slurred, looking at me sugestivly. Here we go again…
“What would you like vod-” he cut me off by roughly and sloopyliy, somehow at the same time, kissing me. His vile breath tasted of vomit and alcohol. So I did the most stupid thing I could.

I pulled away.

Such a simple act, with such simple concequences.

He grabbed my armed, with a force that came unnervingly easy.
Him: “Don’t you everrrr dooo fat agan.” Don’t you ever do that again
Him: “Did you heaaaaaaar may, you wore?” Did you hear me, you whore?
Me: “YES.” well done Rose, he’s gonna hit you for that

I stared at his hands, clenching into fists, ready to stike. Run

*round one*

Run. Over the coffe table. Shit, glass, foot.

*round two*

Left around couch. He’s opposite you. One step right. Two steps right. He walks over couch.

*round three*

Make for the door. Fucking run Rose. Thud, that was the door.

*round four*

Ignore the pain. Ignore him. Ignore, ignore, ignore…


I started to scream, I couldn’t ignore the pain or him. I could only scream. Alerting Chad.

I wanted Chad to help me.

I wanted Chad not hear me.

I wanted Chad...

He's drunk again, it's time to fight
She must have done something wrong tonight
The living room becomes a boxing ring
It's time to run when you see him
Clenching his hands
She's just a woman
Never Again