You Drive Me Crazy

i want you, britney

I love her. She may be two years younger then me, but she's perfect in every way.

I never used to watch these reality fast-track to stardom shows, but there were rumours all week that she's be making an appearance and perform her latest single. The rumours were true and moments before she came on stage, I had fallen off the sofa to sit closer to the television set.

Her introduction began. A montage of clips from her music videos dating back to the time where she'd dance around in a school uniform right up to new, sex driven videos. Eight number one singles. Five platinum albums. Ten MTV music awards. Grammy award winner. 83 million records sold world wide. Tonight she is here.

I shuffled on the carpet in anticipation for the words. Britney Spears.

Her silhouette on the big white canvas was enough to take my breath away. Her legs seem to stretch for miles. Her arms went up and the sheet came down showing the blonde goddess in her little black outfit.

I bit my lip and let the pre-recorded sound of her voice fill the room, watching her body move in the choreographed way.

She is my secret love. Her albums are well hidden in the depths of my drawers and they only see daylight when Gavin isn't around.

My partner would be shocked at the way I worship Britney. I'd never know how to explain the way I sometimes just go into Boots in town, just to spray some of her perfume onto one of those sample strips of paper. In my mind, that's exactly what she smelt like. Sweeter then 1,000 roses on a summers day.

The shower of sparks fell from the ceiling and the whole crowd were on their feet cheering my girl on. I wanted to sing along so badly, but I was afraid to spoil it. I hardly sang along with her so I wouldn't taint her.

The flames shot up from the front of the stage and I was jealous of everyone in that room. I'd give my right arm to see her.

I continued to watch the coloured lights flash along to the beat of the song and it wasn't until the front door clicked did I realise Gav was home. My hand flew forward and I hit the nearest button that would clear Britney from our screen.

The room was suddenly plunged into silence and I remained on the floor when Gavin came in. He laughed when he saw me. This wasn't the first time he'd caught me doing something silly like this. He just assumed it was some cute quirk I had, not an outrageous need for Britney.

I stood up to greet him with a hug. No matter how much I loved Britney, she was always going to be a fantasy. Gavin was the real thing.

"I bought you a present today." He said with a smile and he look my hand and walked me into the kitchen.

He sat me on one of the chairs and I watched him produce a piece of paper from his pocket and he handed it to me, the smile on his face grew. He took one of the other seats as I slowly unfolded it, glancing up excitedly.

I slowly read the words that told me it was a print out of an email. Ticket confirmation. £200 taken by ticketmaster for two tickets.

My mouth dropped open and Gavin just laughed. "You like it then?"

"How - ?" My mind was frozen. I wasn't sure if I was pleased or embarrassed.

"You're not as good as you think at keeping secrets." His smile was reassuring. He had known about my love for Britney for ages and he was still with me. He was spending money on her, just for me.

I jumped out of my seat and wrapped my arms around his neck, squeezing him tightly.

I let him go and ran out the room, bounding up the stairs to pick out my outfit for that night. There was only 9 months until I would be able to say I was in the same building as Britney Spears. A night I know I'll never forget.