The New Kid in Class

Telephone

Ryan's POV

My phone always rings at the most convenient times. I look at the call display. Spencer. Again.

"See? I knew it. Someone sent you here for jokes, didn't they?"

"No, it's just Spencer," I show him the call display. "Here, I'll even put him on speaker," I open my phone and put it on speakerphone.

"Hey RyRy." Spencer's voice blares into the room.

"Uh, hey. What's up?"

"How's loverboy?" Brendon and I both look at each other. Spencer was not supposed to say that. "Hm? Hm?"

"Hey Spencer?"

"Yeah?" I smile.

"'Loverboy' is right here. And you're on speakerphone," the other end of the line is silent.
"Oh. Hi..." he clears his throat. Brendon and I burst out laughing.

"So did you actually have any reason for calling, or what?" I ask Spencer once we stop laughing.

"Yeah. I thought I'd let you know, the picture's up."

"...What? You mean the picture?" that stupid kid with the camera phone. Those things should be banned!

"Yup. So are you gonna clear your name, or what?"

"Uh... Nope."

"What? Why not?"

"Don't worry about it, Spence. It's a guy thing," I snap my phone shut. I can picture his face.

He's probably trying to figure out what the hell just happened. "Sorry 'bout that," I turn to Brendon.

"Meh, it's fine," he sits down on his bed and pats the spot next to him. I hesitate. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna rape you," I walk slowly over to the spot next to him. "So, you really mean it?"

"...Yeah," I nod. I can feel my face get hot.

"How about proving that to me?"

"What?"

"Take me somewhere," I sit there with my mouth wide open, looking stupid. "Friday?"

I shrug, "Sure?" I cough. "Alright, I um... Have to go now," I stand up. "Bye," Brendon stands up too.

"See you then," he kisses me on the cheek to seal the deal.