The New Kid in Class

What happened, happened

Brendon's POV

It's lunch time. I make my way into the increasingly familiar cafeteria of my new school. The room is crowded, with teens seated at the numerous round blue tables, and many more in line to buy their lunches. I do what I usually do at this time of day; I look for Ryan, and walk over to his table.

I take a seat at the one remaining empty spot at the table, next to him.

"Hey," I say, pulling out my lunch from home. "What's up?" he shrugs and continues to chew on his salad. I think the only one at this table I know is Spencer. The other guys at the table just look at me. You'd think I had something rude written on my forehead. But, no, they're probably just looking because they know what happened this weekend past.

I clear my throat to break the silence. No one talks after that.

After finishing his salad, Ryan stands up. Seeing it as a chance to talk to him, I stand up too. He's heading for the pop machine. He doesn't seem to care that I'm following him, either.
"Ry, what's wrong?" He stops walking.

"What's wrong?" he looks at me. I feel like he's staring at my soul. "What do you think is wrong?" he starts walking again.

"Uh... Do you mean what... happened?" my voice is small and weak. He gives me an overenthusiastic nod. "Ryan, what happened, happened. It's not like I made you come up to that room..."

"Nevermind, okay?" he says as he's pushing the change into the slot of the machine. It clinks as it falls inside.

"Um... About Friday..." the machine makes a noise, and out comes the drink. He reaches down to get it. "Is it still happening?" he seems mad. I don't know if I'll still get that date.

"Sure." he says, anger still in his voice. Well, at least it wasn't a no...

The rest of lunch goes by with little talking at the table. I think the other guys feel too awkward being around me. Sometimes I just wish the floor would swallow me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long :X