The New Kid in Class

'Save Me'

Spencer's POV

I couldn't just leave him there.

I mean, he was sitting on the steps, waiting for his ride, and he looked so lonely...

I mean, really, when you think about it, we're not friends at all. He's more like a the
boyfriend of a friend... But maybe I'll give him a chance.

"So why'd you bring me here, anyway?" Brendon's currently lying on my bed (not with me, you dirty-minded people), amusing himself by throwing Po in the air and catching him again.

"Would you stop that?" I ask, slightly annoyed, grabbing the red Teletubby out of the air. Po was my absolute favourite 'person' when I was younger. Yes. Was. "And I brought you here because you needed a ride. You are so ungrateful," I say, with only a little sarcasm.

"In case you haven't noticed, I don't live here," he says, a hint of a smile on his face. "But thanks anyway."

"Oh really? Well excuuuuse me." I smile at our retarded conversation, and take out my phone. I have no messages or missed calls. Ryan usually calls me after school, especially if we don't meet up. "Any idea where Ryan is?"

"At home, maybe? He does drive his own car, y'know," he begins playing with another stuffed animal. Not that I have too many.

"I know, but usually he calls me or something..." My ringtone starts to play. As I'm still looking at the screen, a text message pops up:

Locker room.

Save me.


"C'mon," I say, not stopping to give Brendon any information. Whatever the reason Ryan has to send me a text message like that is, I'm sure it's important. I shove my phone back into the pocket of my jeans and start for the front door.

Before long, Brendon has realized I'm not kidding, and he's following me. "C'mon what?" he asks, oblivious to the message I'd just received.

"That message was from Ryan. He needs help," I explain, pulling my converse on as quickly as possible.

"With what?" Brendon questions, putting on his shoes as well.

"I don't know. But we're going back to the school. Now." Realizing that his lover[/] might be in trouble, Brendon rushes out to my car before I even get the chance.