A Like Story.

Five

I went to school with a smile on my face.
Brad wasn't there yet. Thats odd.
"Oi, you!" Benji yelled. "You got a new ride?"
"Yes. It's the best thing ever." I beamed.
"Looks like its replacing Brad then." Jason quipped. I kicked him in the shin.
"Almost!" I laughed as Jason massaged his shin.
"Well, come on." benji replied.
"Not untill Brad comes."
"Why?" Benji asked. "You know he knows jack about cars. He'll prolly ask what it is, or worse, call it a Toyota or something."
I rolled my eyes. Nobody of whom I've hung around with ever doesn't know what a Charger is. Nu-uh.
"Hey Brad!" Jason yelled. Man he has good eyesight.
"So, what kinda car you got?" brad asked as he sat down next to me.
"My dream car." I beamed.
"What, that old Toyota you're always goin on about?" I could see Benji holding in his laughter. he was almost crying from the effort. I scowled at him first, then Brad.
"What? Brad asked me.
"It's a CHARGER, not some shitty old Toyota my gran gave me." I got up and left him. I was annoyed at Brad for not paying attention EV ER, and Benji for being right.
"Kally, wait?" Brad called appealingly.
I kept walking.
"Kally, come on. You know I don't know much about cars."
"Anything. You don't know anything." I said angrily.
"About cars?"
"About anything!"
"Are you sure?" He turned me around by my shoulder and pressed his face against mine.
I was instantly not angry any more.
Man, he did know some stuff about me.
And I think his lips tasted better than last time.

You know, 3 years on from now I think about those days.
Eventually, me and Brad broke up. We were more like friends than lovers. It's better this way I guess. He has a new girl called Carrie, and sh is one of the most wonderful girls you will even meet. If was into girls, I'd have the hots for her!
Jason and Luci broke up 2 years and seven 9 months ago. He found her making out with a girl at some strange house party. He was spooked for some reason, and they haven’t spoke since. Odd, you'd think Jason would be into that ...well.
Luci-I haven’t heart from her for ages. I'm still great friends with Shannon and all the guys and Benji just proposed to this rocker-chick for one of his favourite aussie underground bands. They met 6 or so months ago. Young, but cute anyways. Me and Shannon moved into an apartment together with 2 other girls and we all get along real well.
I'm single and still haven’t met the right guy. Well, I met him in English, the first day he ever came to my school.
I'm just too scared to tell him.