Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Trece.

Everyone was completely suprised when John and I walked out of the elevator, hands clasped tight. Jaws dropped. Pat squealed. I had a major part in this little curveball, but I was still just as weirded out as the next guy. Wren just had to hug me, and make the biggest scene in the middle of a crowded room. Some of the fans that were staking out the band died a little bit inside when John kissed me in front of them. Somehow, I found myself not caring so much about what they thought. I was happy, and as long as I had John, that's all that mattered.

He hugged me goodbye when he had an acoustic session to do with Jared, leaving Kennedy and Wren to go at it again, Pat to scamper off in search of food, and Garrett to sitting on the couch, flipping through a magazine.

"In desperate need of distraction?" I asked him, sitting down at the couch opposite him.

"No." he said, "Why?"

"Because you're reading the Women's Home Journal." I said, pointing to the cover. Kate Walsh was giving everyone a grin, with a caption talking about how she lost weight for bikini season. "But don't get me wrong. It looks really interesting--"

"Why'd you do it?" He asked.

"Do what? Mock your choice of reading material? Because it makes me laugh." I said, sitting cross-legged in the leather arm chair.

He shook his head. His brown hair moved over his eyes. "I mean why did you say yes to John? What happened to Alex?" He sighed, "What happened to me?"

"You don't seem like you like me very much." I said, raising an eyebrow. "And John is--"

"I know what John's like. I know what you're like, alright? I do. Pat told me that you felt the same way, but I guess things change."

"Um..." I didn't really know what to say next. I kind of wanted to run very, very far away. "Garrett, I don't think we would've worked to begin with."

"Why?"

"You remind me of Ben." I sighed.

He paled. "That sounds like a bad thing."

"No, he was really great, I just don't--" I scratched my head, "I'm not ready to feel like that again."

"But John's good enough, correct?"

"That's got nothing to do with it." I said quietly. I gave him a pathetic excuse for a smile, and stood up to head for my room. I was in major need of a six-hour nap.

I didn't sleep much last night. I was up all night talking to John, and watching a Saw marathon with him. Like the excited feeling buzzing in my skull would allow me to fall asleep anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm proud of myself.
I've been updating like nuts (:

Dig it?

COMMENT!
Because you love me like you love the Maine