Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Diecinueve.

[Andy's View]

I stumbled lifelessly back to my room-- the one I'd still be sharing with my now ex-boyfriend. I slipped under the covers, still wearing my skinny jeans and Converse. I didn't even bother taking off my glasses. It didn't feel so important right now. I wanted to cry, but I was too tired to concentrate on forming tears.

Who was I trying to kid? I couldn't focus on anything. I was completely clueless. It felt a lot like Ben leaving me, but somehow, this hurt a little bit more. Kennedy made Ben leave me, but who was making John? Nobody, as far as I was concerned. Just me. Just Andrea Marie Brock.

I stayed in the room for what seemed like days. I slept for twenty-seven straight hours, and no one bothered waking me up because there was nothing important for me to do. We had one more night in this town, and we were heading to Cleveland, Ohio. I'd be in a van with everyone for hours, and I still couldn't look any of them in the eye.

I wasn't very interested in moving, or eating. It wasn't that I was lamenting my loss. I just didn't feel like there was much of a need to look decent. It wasn't like I was leaving my room, anyways. No one was going to see me. John couldn't make himself talk to me. I didn't know what I would say in response, so I sighed, and let him walk out of the room, again, without a word.

It was like when we first met. Awkward side glances, quiet meals, even more silent afterwards. Except now, he wasn't texting. He stared at the TV. He would never turn it on.

I sat with my cell phone in my hand. The volume was all the way down, and I wasn't planning on calling anybody. "It's just you and me now." I realized I was talking to a piece of metal and plastic, but I didn't care. "I don't have much of a fairy tale, after all."

My phone flipped to the screen saver. I took it as a sign that no one felt like listening to me. I didn't want to hear my thoughts either, but I didn't have an 'off' button. I should've been given one when I was created in the lab, but even mad scientists don't have much sympathy for lifeless freaks like me.

Maybe that was my super power. I couldn't keep people close to me.

I looked over, realizing John was still asleep in his bed. "I still love you." I mumbled, rolling over onto my side.

I could've sworn I heard him say, "I love you, Andy".

Maybe I was just as crazy as everybody says.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter made me sad when I wrote it 30 seconds ago.
Comment me, yeah?
I love you all (: