Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Veinte y Uno.

The doctor eyed me over the top of her glasses, humming some kind of show tune. Before she came back in with the thermometer, Garrett and I were playing "Guess that Song." We used to do it all the time. It felt like things were normal again.

"Well," Dr. Maruna sighed, "I was looking at your records, and I noticed that you've had mononeucliosis recently. I think that may be the cause of all the throat pain, headaches, and fatigue. As far as the throwing up, I think it might just be stress."

Wren-1 Andy-0.

"Is it boy trouble?" She asked, glancing at Garrett.

I almost choked on my spit. "Um?"

Garrett looked at his shoes, which I had yet to ruin with Andy-sick. "We've been on tour for a while now, and things get a little...crazy. If we just make sure she takes it easy, and sleeps even more than usual, will she be alright?"

The doctor winked at him, which made me gag slightly. I didn't want her looking at him like that. She looked like Governor Palin, which made me feel like I was going to be violently ill, but she was also about forty-something. Gross.

"I think that's a great plan, young man. You have a good head on your shoulders." She touched his arm. I reached for the garbage can, and emptied my stomach with one pair of frantic eyes on me, and another pair of flirtacious eyes fixated on the only penis in the room. I shoved my hands in my pockets after washing them, and my face. "Wow." She said. "That's icky."

She left the room after prescribing sleep medication, her deadly stilettos wreaking havoc on the linoleum floor. She waved at me over her shoulder, and made sure to drop her pen infront of Garrett.

"Was that supposed to be the Bend and Snap, or something? I don't think it works with hip replacements." I growled under my breath, pulling my sweatshirt over my shoulder.

"Wasn't paying attention." He said. His eyes were on me. I didn't know what to do.

Why was he looking at me like that? Did he expect me to sing? Early morning shows weren't exactly my style. "Can we go?" I gulped. "I promise not to throw up in your car."

"It's fine." he shrugged, "It's just a rental."

I rolled my eyes when he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and led me to the car. I didn't want to feel like I was dying of the plague. Everyone was looking at me like I was. Even Garrett. Maybe I would follow him wherever he led me.

Maybe that was the lack of sleep talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of short, but I wanted you to see into Andy's thoughts a little bit more....
THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS! FIVE STARS! WOOT!
Keep going?