Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Veinte y Dos.

[Garrett's View]

"Hey, Garrett. I heard Andy was sick, is she all right?"

I hoped he didn't hear me growling when I picked up the phone. I didn't hate Alex. I didn't have a problem with him as a person. I just didn't want him dating Andy for obvious reasons. Alex was a whore. He drank, he partied, and messed with a lot of girls. I doubted that Andy knew about all of that, but she wasn't into the party scene. She'd never drink alcohol for his sake, and I doubted that she'd have sex with him just because he asked.

"She's fine, Alex. She's got mono, and she's stressed. You know how tour is." I said, a little too sharply. I glanced up, making sure I didn't wake her up. She rolled over, still completely buried in blankets, and let out a sleepy sigh. I waited. She was completely silent-- completely asleep.

"We're only a few cities away. Maybe I could swing by and see for myself?"

He sounded kind of desperate, like I was the one who gave permission for visitation rights. "I don't know if she's up to that right now. John just broke up with her, and seeing you might screw things up the ass." I said bluntly.

"She went out with John? Are you kidding me? What the hell?"

Oops. Apparently nobody told him. But why was she keeping that from him?

"I'll talk to her when she gets up. She'll probably call you back, yeah?"

"Yeah, whatever." Alex grumbled. He hung up without saying goodbye. Mission accomplished.

"Garrett." I heard her mumbled against the pillows.

"Yeah?"

I didn't get a reply. She rolled over, and her eyes were still closed. She was sleep talking, again. "Meansalottome." she sighed. I could barely heard a word she was saying, but then she was quiet again. Well, except for the light snoring. "M'love...uh."

Now she wasn't making sense anymore. It was all mumbled gibberish, and I wished I could hear what she was thinking about. That was probably dangerous. I doubted that anyone who went in her head came out alive. I could handle her. I cared about her, a lot, which could make all the difference in the world.

--------------

When my eyes flitted open again, Andy was sitting upright, staring back at me. I didn't know how long she was sitting there, awake, but my heart started racing. Like anything could happen.

"Hello, sunshine." She said, with a cheesy grin.

"Someone's feeling better." I said, scratching my head. "Been up long?"

"Well, just since Pat came in." She said, "Which was a couple of minutes ago. He said he needed to borrow sugar. The thought of him baking scared me, but then I realized we were in a hotel, why would we have sugar? I let him in, and he wouldn't shut up." She glanced toward the kitchen, which was down the hall.

"You're so mean to me, Andrea Marie." He yelled, poking his head out of the doorway.

"He still won't shut up." She corrected, tucking her brunette hair behind her ear.

"What's he doing in there?" I asked, standing up. A blanket fell to the floor. I didn't remember getting one.

"Um, he's getting me a glass of water." She said, biting her bottom lip. We heard the oven beeping. "Which doesn't recquire machinery--Pat! What are you doing?"

She got up, stumbling over all of the quilts, and skidded to a halt when she reached the kitchen door. "What is that?"

"I made you a cake!" Pat handed her three waffles stacked ontop of each other, with a little picture of her and someone else holding hands. They were made with M&M heads, and string cheese body parts.

"Um...?" I said, staring at it. Pat was beaming. In fact, he was giggling. I suddenly feared for my life.

"It's you and Andy!" he clapped, pointing to it. "I was going to give you a penis, but I ran out of microscopic-sized cheese."

I raised an eyebrow. "Thanks, man."

He pet my head. "No problem, buddy. I know how much you two love each other."

Andy glanced up from the plate of monstrous pastry, and her eyes met mine. She wasn't kicking and screaming that Pat was wrong. She wasn't agreeing with him...but she could have. And she didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pat's culinary skills were part of the dream I had last night (:
COMMENT PLEASE!
SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN'T!
I will love you forever (: