Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Veinte y Tres.

[Pat's View]

I noticed that when we sat down for dinner, Andy picked the seat next to Garrett. My non-existent plan was working. Jared and I were going to get them together if it killed us, which it most likely would because Andy was probably the most stubborn person I'd ever met. She was worse than Kennedy, and that was saying something.

"Think you can keep it down?" Garrett asked, watching her scope out the menu.

She was smiling when she nodded. "I haven't thrown up for twenty-seven hours." She looked proud. It was cute. Garrett was grinning now. "With the exception of watching Taladega Nights. That movie always makes me throw up."

"Why?" Jared asked, raising a carrot-colored eyebrow. I giggled. It looked like an orange cattepillar.

"Because they drive in circles." Garrett said, "Doesn't that make everyone dizzy?"

Andy looked down at her shoes, which were actually Wren's. She was blushing slightly, because Garrett came to her rescue.

I got the picture of him in a tin-can suit, riding a miniature horse. He had a wooden sword. Andy was in a Barbie Princess costume, complete with gigantic pointy hat, and blonde wig. He sang her a love song--which ended up being the Name Game. They couldn't fit on the horse, so he held her hand, and the horse waddled away behind them. A match made in Heaven--

"Patrick?" John asked, looking up from under his hair. "What are you talking about?"

"Um?" was my response.

Garrett laughed. "The Name Game? I think I'm a little more creative than that."

"I think the homemade suit of armor was a nice touch, though." Andy giggled, shooting Garrett a grin. They really needed to tell each other how madly in love they were. It was so obvious, it was starting to make me sick.

"Garrett, ask her out." I said, pointing right between Andy's eyes. They widened.

"I don't know what she'd say to that." He said, completely stunned. He wasn't the only one. Everyone at the table was eyeing me like I was nuts. I wasn't crazy. I was the perfect match maker.

"Duh," John lauhed, "That's why you need to ask. How long have you liked her?"

"Day one, I think." He answered, completely unashamed. I clapped. My plan was working. I nudged Jared's shoulder, he was bouncing up and down in his seat, too. Garrett turned in his seat, looking Andy in the eyes. "I'm not just asking because everybody's watching me. Will you go out with me?"

"I--uh...Yeah."

"HALLELUJAH!" I jumped onto the table, throwing my hands in the air, and tossing my head back. "PRAISE THE LORD! I DID IT!"

"Hey, Spanky," A very pissed-off manager asked. His Ruby Tuesday's polo was nice and crisp, I made sure to tell him. "I don't care how straight my name tag is, alright? We're getting complaints. You and your little friends are going to have to get out. Now."

I shoved three handfulls of french fries into my coat pocket, and stormed outside with everyone walking behind me. They were completely amused, I, on the other hand, was trying to figure out a master plot to get back inside to get my damn burger back...
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one.
That's because I like Patrick John Kirch (:
COMMENT! SUBSCRIBE! ADD ME AS A FRIEND!
I still love you, my precious readers!