Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Veinte y Ocho.

"You're pregnant." I said, sitting down next to her.

"The test hasn't come back yet." She washed her hands, and sat down on the side of the bath tub. "I went to the doctor's last night when Kennedy was sleeping, I peed in the cup...and they're supposed to call me."

"But you're pregnant."

"With your brother's spawn." She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I was too grossed out to comment, so I bit my lip, and picked at my finger nails. "Aha."

"I'm taking you to the doctor." I said, "Now...shower. Look decent."

She rolled her eyes, and shoved me out of the bathroom. I heard her turn on the shower, and I wandered over to the window. I saw familiar blonde-brown hair hanging in every direction, with an arm around a girl's shoulder.

Alex...and a girl?

She tripped slightly, walking with her eyes on his when she talked to him. He was looking right back to her, opening the door for her. He frowned when she stumbled over the curb. "Are you alright, Cori?"

I expected to feel jealous, like I should be the girl he was now kissing, but it didn't matter to me now. I had Garret. I touched the curtains surrounding the window frame, and opened them more so the light could shine in. I looked down at him, entering the hotel. "Good for you, Alex." I gave a genuine smile.

"What're you doing?" Wren asked, stepping out in my clothes. My jeans, my v-neck...my shoes. I rolled my eyes. "It looks like you're about to start singing, or something. Why so happy?"

"Closure." I grinned. I linked arms with her, and we headed off for the parking garage, where we'd be borrowing Jared's rental car without asking.Again.

-----------------------------------------------

"You're pregnant, Miss Clark." The doctor said, the second he walked through the door. Apparently, awkward small talk, and sugar-coating things was out the window. I liked this guy.

Wren shrugged. "We figured."

"Is this..." He said, gesturing his hand to me, "Is this your life partner?"

My eyes widened, though Wren's nearly bulged out of her head. "How would I be pregnant, then?" She laughed, "No! This is my best friend, Andrea. It's her brother's sperm that did the job. His name is Kennedy."

"Have you two had sex previously?" Dr. Arnolds asked.

I wrinkled my nose. "Okay, yeah..." I said. "I'm out of here. Call me when your done."

I stepped out the front doors to be hit in the face with the hideous Seattle wind. I pulled the hood of my sweatshirt over my head, and headed off down the sidewalk, looking for a Starbuck's.

"Oh, come on. Try it!" Alex said, handing a cup full of something vanilla-scented. The girl, who I took to be named Cori, giggled, and shook her head. "Everybody needs an unhealthy dose of calories in the morning, babe."

"Lies." She said. She dipped her finger in the whipped cream, and tapped it off on the tip of his nose. He frowned playfully.

"Are you going to lick it off?"

She tucked her hair behind her ear. "I just might."

I headed for the cash register, tossing them a few singles, and asking for an iced coffee. I blamed Jared for that one, he never went anywhere without buying one of these things, and now I was hooked.

"Thanks." I muttered to the teenager, who gave me a grin that smushed his tiny face. I nodded goodbye, and when I headed for the door, and hand stopped me.

"Hey," Alex grinned, "I want to introduce you to someone."

I smiled. I knew this is what I'd been waiting for since the second I saw them, arm in arm. "Alright."

"This is my girlfriend, Cori. We met at a show a few weeks ago...and yeah." He sighed contentedly, and I knew for a fact that he really cared about her. All my past suspicions about him trying to make me jealous evaporated. We were friends now. That's what I wanted.

"Nice to meet you, Andy." She smiled and shook my hand.

"You, too." I said.

"Well, we've got plans...so we'll hit you up later, alright?"

"Sure thing." I gave them one last parting grin before we headed our seperate ways.

My phone was chirping in my pocket, and when I opened it, all I heard was: "Bitcccch, I'm done. Come get me. Bye."
♠ ♠ ♠
I put one of my friends in the story.
Check the comments-- she volunteered.
(:

COMMENT!