I Feel Love

In This Devil Town

His eyes gazed over to the other side of his homeroom. There he was, leaning against the window and slouching in his desk. His dark washed blue skinny jeans and jet black Alesana hoodie clung to his body. He bit the top of his pencil before copying down what the teacher was writing on the board. He stared intently at this boy and was amazed. His heart fluttered so much that he thought he was going to fall over in his chair. He was falling in love with this boy, and this wasn’t the first time he’s admitted that.

“Trevor!” Mr. Mellony shouted, snapping him out of his dream. Mr. Mellony walked over to Trevor’s seat and looked down at his paper.

“I’d appreciate it if you actually wrote down the questions on William Shakespeare instead of planning some other way to cause another disgrace to this school,” He said harshly. Everyone in the class tried to cover their laughs, and Trevor’s face began to turn bright red. He slumped down into his seat and tried to avoid eye contact with anyone in the room, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw the boy looking at him with a forgiving face.

The bell rang, freeing Trevor from his hell. He was turning the corner to head to his chemistry class when someone pulled on his shoulder. When their eyes met, Trevor nearly lost his breath.

“Trevor, right?” The boy from English asked.
“Yeah,” Trevor hesitated.
“Brian,” He smiled. Trevor felt his stomach start twisting in knots.

“So did you actually write down those notes?” Brian asked as they started walking down the hallway.
“No, I never copy down his notes. He’s got some stick up his ass about me being in that class,” Trevor explained.
“What’d you do to him?” Brian asked curiously.
“He’s prejudice. Very prejudice,” Trevor mumbled.
“About what?” Trevor stopped dead in his tracks in the middle of the busy hallway.
“The fact that I’m one of them,” He said closing his eyes. Brian looked at him confused.

“I like boys. That makes me the disease,” Trevor said. There was an awkward silence growing between them, but the bell soon broke it.

“Shit,” Brian said and ran off to class.

Trevor sighed and decided he was going to cut chemistry today. He could make it up again anyway.

Later that day, Trevor talked to his best friend Riley about the whole Brian situation.

“He sounds amazing,” Riley said, smiling proud of Trevor.
“I bet you anything he doesn’t like boys,” Trevor said looking down at the hard table in front of him.
“You don’t know that,” Riley said.
“He asked me why everyone in this school hated me today and when I told him, he looked scared.”

Riley’s face grew sad and she looked at him with sympathy, “I’m sorry Trevor.”

-----

Two weeks ago, Brian had spoken to Trevor, but now it was nothing but silence. Normally Trevor would be staring at Brian the whole class period, but not anymore. Whenever Trevor glanced up at him, Brian would look the other way. To pass the time, he began drawing on his notebook that he carried with him all over the place.

“Trevor,” Mr. Mellony spoked loudly, “Can you tell me the name of one Shakespeare’s most famous plays?”

“Romeo and Juliet,” Trevor said unenthused. Mr. Mellony narrowed his eyes and Trevor and scrunched his eyebrows together.

“See me after class Trevor,” He said sternly.

Trevor looked over at Brian, he didn’t even acknowledge him. Trevor sighed and waited for the bell to ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is going to be a short story. not many chapters, but enough.
love, hannah