I Feel Love

What Is Love?

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Every waking moment, Trevor was with Brian. There wasn’t ever a moment when they were separated.

The only time the actually were, was during school. Everyone knew about them. Everyone.

There were no secrets in this town. If you were trying to hide one, good luck.

Trevor would sneak around with Brian during school, stealing kisses in the bathroom or skipping down the hallways during class. Rarely were they caught.

“Amy!” Mr. Mellony called out, “Can you tell me two reasons why we should legalize the use of a gun?”
“It’s in the constitution and because some see it as a source of protection,” She said looking down at her notebook. Another one of Mr. Mellony’s critiques on how well we pay attention in class.

He paced the room, calling on other students asking about the legalization of marijuana to why we should continue to have a male president.

Mr. Mellony walked over to Brian’s desk and stood there. Trevor knew what was come next. There was just one question he didn’t ask yet.

“Brian,” He said slyly.
Brian looked up at him with an intellectual and interested face, “Yes?”

“Can you tell me why we should make gay marriage legal in every state?”

Trevor’s heart jumped into his throat and waited for Brian’s answer. But why was he afraid? It’s not like he just joined the class a few weeks ago and didn’t know the ropes.

Maybe it was the guilt that Trevor had felt that was now coming out. For so long he had been the “disease” and now he was going to pass that same label on to Brian.

Brian shifted his weight around in his seat, sitting up taller and looking Mr. Mellony in the eyes, “Because love is love, no matter who you are in love with.”

Mr. Mellony looked interested, “Explain.”

Brian cleared his throat, “Who are we to say who gets married to who? Sure we are humans and we reproduce with the opposite sex, but why must we need the opposite sex to complete our lives? What if you don’t want to have children? That doesn’t mean that the human race is going to die out. We will just find a new way to continue on.”

He paused for a second to capture the moment because the whole class seemed so interested in what he had to say; even Trevor was interested in this.

“To me, love is love and you don’t need some wedding band to show it off,” Brian looked across at Trevor and smiled, “Love is proven on how strong you are to fight for each other. To show that you truly do care for someone else in this world besides yourself. Love is just a word, but the feeling you get when you hold hands with that person, on lay on the couch for hours with that person, or even just stand in the same room with them, is something that no one can ever experience, but you. Love is so much more than a word in our vocabulary. It is a feeling, an emotional, an internal force that drives us to do such crazy and irrational things all because we have that one person stuck inside our brains. Love isn’t just about a boy and a girl going to prom together. It’s about that bond between that guy and that girl. It’s the passion behind that kiss shared. It’s the friendship and sincerity shown when they tell you they love you.”

Trevor stared at Brian. He was amazed by the words coming out of his mouth. Never had he heard anything more beautiful.

Brian took a breath and began again, “So to answer your question Mr. Mellony, I think we should legalize gay marriage because it’s not up to use as humans to decide who or who we don’t reproduce with. It’s about who we find that everlasting desire and passion with.”

Everyone in the class was stunned.

“Well done Brian,” Mr. Mellony smiled, “Well done.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is probably the most honest and strongly written thing i've posted. so i'd appreciate it if you kept any rude comments to your self. and if you have good ones! please leave them! love, hannah