Indecisive.

Why Would He Believe In Me?

"Alright," I smiled, walking out to my car, currently parked in front of Nixey's parents' garage.

"I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Definitely," he smiled, holding me by the waist. I leaned up to give him a peck on the lips, but he kept his arms locked.

I set my arms around his shoulders. "Babe?"

"Hm?" he smiled dreamily.

"I gotta go home," I stated bluntly, grinning. He huffed (which was so cute), and kissed my forehead.

"Are you coming to my race tomorrow?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, I plan to spend my day off writing a book."

"Jerk."

"Off," I said immediately, laughing as I saw his dropped jaw.

"Am I picking you up tomorrow?" I rolled my window down and asked.

Nix walked over and rested his arms on my door, "Nah. The guys'll pick me up. Thanks, though, babe."

He proceeded to press his lips softly to my own, and I muttered against the pink flesh, "I'm gonna have to take you in here and deal with you if you don't stop kissing me, punk."

"That's fine with me," he grinned.

I looked at him, and tried to control myself as I took a deep breath and said, "No. I gotta go. Later, Nix."

But I mean, who could resist that sexy piece of ass? I leaned down to kiss him again, and drove off.

--

"Hey, Mom," I said, kissing her cheek. "Whatcha cookin', good lookin'?" I grinned (Hannah Montana was one of the only appropriate things you could watch with a 7-year old in the house).

She gave me an odd look, and said, "We're having guests over today."

"Who? Why?" I asked, sneaking a piece of celery.

"The Sanders. Their son, Matt is going to be teaching Amanda Jane to play piano."

"I thought she was still taking that one class...," I trailed off, wrinkling my eyebrows. "And who's this Matt guy? Is he even certified?"

"Sweetie, we used to live near them. Don't you remember? On Mason Drive," she said, giving me a quick glance as she continued chopping up vegetables.

"Oh, oh! Was it that one kid that called me stupid when I was younger?" I asked.

"No, no. I never liked that family, either," she grimaced.

"He's not much older than you, but I do know that he taught his younger brother, and the little boy was autistic as well."

I sighed. I hated it when I was reminded AJ was autistic, even though she was a living reminder.

"Whatever, call me down when they come. Oh, and do I have to dress formally?"

"Uh...A little. No more black jeans!"

Damn it.

I saw AJ sitting on the floor, watching Cadet Kelly and playing with Legos.

"Hey, babe," I said, kissing the top of her head.

Even though she had autism, her words flew through my ears with comprehension smoothly.

"Hi, whatcha doin'?"

"I'm getting ready for the dinner. One of the family members is going to help you play the piano, okay?"

Her eyes widened, and my heart almost broke, "Is he gonna be mean?"

"Baby, why would he be mean?" I picked her up to change her clothes.

"The other piano people were," she toyed with my hair. I felt anger twinge through me.

"They said -- they said," she stuttered. I smoothed her hair, "Slowly, AJ, slowly."

"They...said...I was...stupid...," she breathed heavily.

"It's okay. They're the stupid ones. You're so beautiful and smart," I smiled tenderly, "They need glasses. They're nerds."

She giggled, and I picked out her favorite dress.

"Yeah, pretty!"

--

"Sister!"

I heard footsteps gradually getting louder.

"Mom wants -- she wants you to go to dinner!" she grinned. I nodded.

I wore something simple. A navy blue quarter-sleeved thermal paired with white shorts.

"Let's go, babe," I smiled, grabbing a hold of her hand and guiding her down the stairs.

"And this is our older daughter, Jamie Dawn."

"Hi," I smiled, shaking the hand of the father and mother. I looked for their son, Matt.

"Our son should be coming soon, we're sorry he's late," the father said, looking at my parents.

--

The sound of a glass door sliding open echoed through the room as we all ate our dinner, as the mothers talked, and the fathers conversed about business.

"Who is - Matthew!" my Mom grinned, standing up and giving him a hug.

"Jamie, Amanda, this is the Matthew I was talking about," she said, eagerly pointing at him.

I nodded politely and stood up and walked over to him, my mere 5"8 not doing any justice for me, "Nice to meet you. I'm Jamie Dawn. JD."

"Like the drink?" he smirked playfully.

I laughed freely, "Exactly."

"Hi, mister!"

I looked down to see AJ. He crouched down, "Hi. You must be Amanda Jane."

"No. AJ."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You must be AJ," he grinned, looking up at me. The light bounced off his lip ring.

--

All throughout dinner, I couldn't help but smile at him.

No harm in thinking he's cute, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter credit: Bring Me The Horizon ("Chelsea Smile")

mr. nixey is hot :D

Mason Drive is a real street.
The kid that called me stupid still exists.
I was seven.
And hurt.
I pushed him, though.
He told on me.
No one believed him.
It was all good in the end.

But who said "...words will never hurt me"?
obviously, they lived under a rock.
'cause sticks and stones wouldn't hurt them.
and if you lived under a rock, you probably wouldn't hear anything.
damn, it must be good to be a mole.
speaking of, those things look creepy.
speaking of creepy,
SO IS YOUR MUM.
oooooooooooooooooh.

Yeah.

I went there.

Punk.