Cold as ice

Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

(No longer Claire's pov)

Claire was so glad that school ended, she couldn't handle any more math equatuons today. She walked up to her locker through the busy hallways, fiddling with her combination lock until it finally decided to open up! She grabbed a few books and stuffed them inside her backpack, then she turned on her I-pod and listened to some good ol' music (that would hopefully get her into a better mood). Looking forward to getting to her skating practice, Claire decided to skip the bus ride home and walk to the rink. It would do her good.

****

>>At the rink:

Claire tripped over somebody's skate bag. Being a huge klutz, as usual. She hadn't noticed the blood, she must have cut her leg on the skate blade when she fell. But right this moment as she looked up to see the face staring down at her, she didn't care! She wouldn't have cared if both of her legs broke off. Her heart was just melting into his stare. Forgetting to breath as she admires this boy, she choked. He offered her a hand and Claire started to realise that he was saying something. Talking.. TO HER!! "Oh shit.. Perfect timing" Claire thought. Her brain didn't seem to be functionning at this moment.

Claire - Whaa.. Whaaaat?

?? - Would you like some help up?

Claire swallowed hard and nodded, taking his hand.

?? - Ooooooh.. That's quite the cut!! Let me help you.. It was my fault! I shouldn't have left my skates out in the open like that. I'm SO SORRY!!!!

Claire looked down at her leg, it WAS a deep cut, worse than she had thought. Blood was gushing out of her leg when the boy took off his shirt (Gasp! wow!) and wrapped it around her leg.

?? - How's this? Does it hurt? Sorry.

Claire - It wasn't your fault. I wasn't watching where i was going. All my fault!

?? - (Smiling) Well... I'm Joe, by the way.

Claire - Nice to meet you Joe. Sorry about the shirt. It's ruined! and... Aren't you COLD? We are at a rink, you know.

Joe - Don't worry about the shirt.. And.. I can totally deal with the cold.. Right.. Now.. Here, uh.

?? - CLAIRE?

Claire - Yeah?

?? - You have five minutes to get yourself on the ice!

Claire - (To Joe) Uhh. I uh. Have to go. Thanks. And... Sorry.. See you around?

Joe - I hope so. (Watching claire walk away, biting his lip.)

***

Claire quikly laced up her skates, pulled her hair up into a ponytail, and was ready to work her butt off at practice. She did a few laps forwards, than backwards around the ice to warm up. Coach Monica (Claire's MOM) and Coach Natasha stepped onto the ice and told everyone to line up. Claire stood there, her I-pod still on wide-open. Not listening to what the Coaches had to explain. All of a sudden, a few minutes later, JOE skated onto the ice with a smirk on his face, his eyes directly on Claire. She "tries" to smile back, but ends up loosing her ballance and falling flat on her ass. She hears a chuckle, knowing it was coming from Joe.

Coach Monica(Claire's mom) - Claire,

Claire - Sorry, my bad,.. Continue..

She shuts off her I-pod, looking at Joe.. Not the figure skating type of guy (she thought) Long, gorgeous, HOT hair. Before he was wearing white tight pants that he filled very well and a graphic T-shirt. Here he is now, dressed in a pair of sweats, just like her. Claire hadn't expected THIS GUY to want to FIGURE SKATE!

Coach Natasha - As we were saying... Joe just moved here from Ohio, he will be skating with here at our club with us. I expect you all to be very welcoming. Joe, make yourself at home...

Joe - Thanks coach.

Coach Monica - Alright... Off to work.

Everybody started practicing, Joe turned his back on Claire and was talking to her mother. Claire was still watching him. Standing there, admiring from behind. Which got her thinking: (Ughh. I need to stop this before people start to realise that i'm staring at the new guys ass!)..

So she skated off and starts practicing her solo.

***
>>A few minutes later

Coach Monica - Claire, could you come here for a second?

(Claire skates over to where she was standing)

Claire - Yes?

Coach Monica - I want you and Joe to pair up.,

(Claire choked on the water she was drinking)

Claire - PAIR UP? What?

Coach Monica - He's skated pairs before, he's more confortable with that then a solo. He asked me if he could skate with YOU. I said yes.

Claire - Reeeeallly..... I mean. WHAT? What about what i'm confortable with? I don't skate pairs. I worked so hard on my solo routine. And, and.. This could just ruin everything.,

Coach Monica - Just please give it a chance. Give HIM a chance, Claire. Now get over there and talk to him.

(Claire turns around)

Coach Monica - AND BE NICE.

Claire - Fine...

(She skated over to where Joe was leaning on the boards)

Claire - Hey

Joe - Heyyy!

Claire - So, umm. I guess we'll be working together from now on.

Joe - I guess we will!! Partner! (Smiling)

(That smile of his, got Claire staring.. And smiling. No longer angry about pairing up, or about anything.)

Claire - Yeah.. Um,.. So..

Joe - LET'S DO THIS!!

Claire - (Laughs) Uhh. Sure!

(They skate to the center of the ice)

Joe - Ready?

Claire - No, well. Yes. But.. I don't know how. (Feeling stupid) What do I do?

Joe - Here (takes her hands) This is the waltz position.

Claire - Okayy. I think I can do this.

Joe - I know you can. Come on..

(They start skating around together, holding there positions. Then adding a few three turns, mohawks and fancy footwork)

Joe - You are a beautiful.

Claire - So... Are.. You.

Joe - (Smiling. Laughs) Your so good at this! Better than me.

Claire - No way! Your the one with a lifetime of knowledge. This is my very first attemt to pairs figure skating. EVER.

Joe - And it's with me!

Claire - Yes, it is.

Joe - Are you, happy about that?

Claire - Ofcourse I am.. I probably wouldn't have let my mother force me to do this if it were anybody else.

Joe - That's good.

Claire - Why'd you pick me though.. Alexandra pair skated before, she's much better than me... She's smart, pretty..

Joe - So are you.. Way more than her..

Claire - Whatever you say Joe...