Status: Active

Book Half Unread

No Regrets

We never got back together.

After that summer, a year passed and things just didn't turn out as we had all hoped. Jack and I texted and sent photos over the summer, sure, but when their tour ended, another started and I had to begin college. We didn't have time to see each other, even with the few weeks they had in between tours. It seemed the only way we kept in contact was if we forced ourselves to text or call each other. At least it was because we were busy. During their first tour, I made it into Boston University and decided that I wanted to get into Photojournalism.

Now, after a whole year, it was just two weeks before my sophomore year of college. I hung out a lot with Christopher, Josh, Jenna, and Mark just as I did last summer. Most of our time was spent taking pictures together and going into stores and just having fun.

"They have get well cards for your sick friends, but what about get sick cards for your healthy enemies? I'm calling Hallmark," Chris said as he shoved another get well card back where it came from as we passed through the card aisle in Kroger.

I laughed and smacked his shoulder gently. "Chrizzy, you're such a jerk," I commented. "You shouldn't say things like that. Remember our good friend, Karma?"

"Whatever. I think Karma's an asshole, personally," he replied as we turned the corner and headed towards magazines where Josh, Jenna, and Mark were.

"Aimee! Oh good it's you. Look at this. You won't believe it!" Jenna exclaimed, running over to me with a magazine in hand. She flipped to a page and shoved it in my face.

"Okay, okay, chill, chill. "One of the Bands You Need to Know in 2007". What magazine is this?" I asked, flipping the magazine and looking at the cover. It was Alternative Press's January issue. I didn't know Kroger could be so out of date. I looked down and saw it. All Time Low sat there on the page in bold letters.

Memories of my senior year flashed through my head: fundraising shows at St. John's Church in Westminster; watching Rian, Jack, and Alex leave school at 11:15 on certain days because of "work study" (which was really just the boys going off to band practice); Homecoming; my first two boyfriends; the break ups; Prom; Graduation; and lastly the day they left for tour. All of these things flooded back to me. I had almost forgotten all of it ever happened. I didn't know if it was good or if it was bad. Seeing Alex's face caused something to stir inside of me, something that I hadn't experienced in a long, long time.

"Aimee, snap out of it! Are you okay?" I looked up to see Marc and the rest of my friends staring at me concerned.

Shaking my head I tossed the magazine to the side. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's get out of here; I have to go pee. I'll meet you at Joshi's car." Nodding their heads, they left and I walked towards the bathroom. Once they were out of the store, I went right back to the magazine rack, grabbed the AP magazine, bought it and shoved it in my bag, then made it to the JEEP.

"What took you so long? Did you have to do the two or something?" Josh asked from behind the wheel, snickering with everyone else. I rolled my eyes and kicked the back of his seat before settling back. It was a great summer; even if my friends are total losers. Of course, the good times end. I went back to college in the fall and aced my exams first semester before returning home for the Holidays.

Most of my time was spent sleeping, E-mailing my professors about future assignments, and texting and talking with friends on my cell. I never really ate in the first place so I survived. One morning I got a text that really blew my mind. It was from Joe, Jack's brother. I loved Jack's siblings, Joe and May. They were always so nice to me back when Jack and I were really close. I loved Joe's girlfriend Zena too. She was sweet. I think they were engaged now.

Aims, watz up? miss u, call me wen u get this.

Looking at the clock, I saw that he had sent this hours and hours ago.

Hi Joe, I never expected to hear from you. What's going on?

Fnally. Jacks comin bak w the gyz. Help thro a party? U alwz ben gud @ it.

I sighed softly; reading texts like these gave me migraines. Thinking about his proposal though, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to get involved. I'd been out of their lives for so long; would it be good on either of our sides if I showed up out of the blue? I texted with Joe a little more and found that they were going to be back for one day, this Friday, January 11, just before they went back on their Man Whores and Open Sores Tour. They were supposed to play at The Polish Club in Poughkeepsie, New York.

After telling him I'd let him know by tomorrow I decided I might as well get up and get ready. I pulled on my purple dress and leggings before doing my hair. I grabbed a large coat and my purse then headed out in my VW Beatle to the Ugly Muffin for lunch. It was a bit snowy outside; thank goodness I had found my boots. I pulled my camera out from my bag and took photographs of peoples' reflections in the window, the steam rising from my coffee mug, even the kids playing in the snow outside as they walked with their parents or friends. I missed being a little one; to think I'd turn twenty in just a few months. I was getting old. Time was running out and regrets shouldn't exist in my life anymore.

Pulling out my cell phone, I texted Joe. I'd help him and the family throw the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and simple. Appearances are in the next chapter, which is half written. Comment and tell me how I can improve!