Status: Active

Book Half Unread

Discovery Channel

"Aimee, Alex is here," I heard my mom call to me from downstairs. The guys called off band practice this Saturday so Rian could go to some marching band competition and instead of the other three going out to the pool hall or something, Alex decided to spend some alone time with me. We never really spent time alone as much as I thought we would, but I was fine with it because I never ended up sick and tired of seeing him.

I ran a quick brush through my bangs. "Thanks mom!" Running down the hall, I pulled my yellow knee length dress down, fixing it. I walked downstairs to hear laughing in the kitchen. I smiled seeing my mom getting Alex to help her with icing cupcakes. "Mom... what did you do to him?" I laughed, covering my mouth like always. It was a habit. Throughout middle school I had unnecessary braces and I had always been self conscious of my mouth ever since.

"I asked him to help me while he waited for you to come down," my mother replied, her face red from laughing. She always seemed to turn red when she thought something was funny.

Alex shrugged. "I thought it'd be like Jack's Easy Bake Oven. It's not though," he said, making my mom laugh again.

"Come on Bobby Flay, let's get you away from Rachel Ray while we can," I said, rolling my eyes and taking his hand, leading him down to the entertainment room in the basement. "You have icing on your nose by the way."

"You want to get it off for me?" he asked, moving his eyebrow suggestively.

I made a face. "Alex, I don't think so," I told him, going to get him a paper towel. I came back to see him with his tongue stuck out attempting to lick it off his nose. "You're so weird," I said, wiping his nose clean for him.

"Well apparently you like weird," he said shrugging. I sat down with him on the couch. He picked up the remote and flipped through channels. I cuddled to his side and he put his arm around me. He stopped on a channel. They were talking about finding mummies. This could be interesting. I watched.

As I paid attention to the show, he rubbed my side comfortingly. He slowly pushed me back until I was underneath him. He pressed his lips to mine and held me close to him. I kissed back, trying to get into the kiss. He was a good kisser, but I hated when he bit my bottom lip sometimes. It made me just want to stop.

"... and the wadi consists of two valleys: the East Valley is where the majority of the royal tombs are situated and the West Valley..."

After a few minutes into the make out session he pulled away slowly and looked to my face. Following my line of vision, he shoved me pretty hard. "Are you kidding me? You're fucking watching Discovery Channel while we're making out?!"

At being caught, I blushed pink. "Mm, yeah. Sort of- oh, Alex, I'm sorry," I whined, grabbing his hand as he got up to leave. "Alex, it wasn't on purpose, I swear it."

"I'm trying to be intimate with you because Rian says I've been a dick to you, and you go and watch the TV on me! If anyone's being a dick, it's you." He was really freaking out over this. I honestly hadn't meant to.

He left the house, but I slipped my white flats on and ran after him. "Alex come on, please. You know I didn't mean to," I said. Seeing his angry face, I couldn't help it: I laughed.

"Great, you're laughing at me now. Don't talk to me," he said, seriously pissed, opening his car door.

"N-no, Alex!" I bit my lip, trying to stop laughing. "Come on. How many girlfriends can you say watched TV while you made out?" Pausing, he shook his head and got in his car, driving away. Sighing, I walked back into the house, trying to wipe the smile off my face. I strolled into the kitchen and sat on a stool at the island, picking up one of the cupcakes Alex had iced.

My mom walked into the kitchen, a curious look on her face. "What's wrong honey-bun?" She leaned on the island across from me, watching me pick at the cupcake paper.

"Why do boys have to be so weird?" I sighed, gathering some icing onto my finger and putting it in my mouth.

"Aw, what happened?"

I looked up to her. "You really want to know?" She nodded, moving over and sitting beside me. "Well, we were downstairs watching the TV for a little and then we started making out." My mom gave me a look. "Mom don't give me that look. Anyway, I ended up paying more attention to the Discovery Channel than the kiss and he was really upset over it."

Sighing, my mom gave me a little hug. "Something like that can leave a guy feeling demasculinized. Let him cool down then go find him and apologize. I shouldn't be telling you this, but I actually like this boy. If you really want to keep him, then you're going to have to make it up to him somehow, but-"

"-I know mom. I know. No sex," I said, letting out a small laugh.

"I was just going to say don't do anything desperate," she said laughing. I rolled my eyes and she gave me a small pop to the head. "Don't roll your eyes. By the way, your dad's coming back from the UK this week so you need to clean up your room for me. We pick him up from the airport Monday."

"Yes, mom," I groaned, getting up and going to clean my room now while I waited for Alex to chill out a little.

My dad was in the Airforce and we were one of the few lucky military families. He wasn't shipped out to Iraq to fight, though knowing him, he probably wished he was out there. Instead he was stationed at Alconbury Royal Air Force Base. I loved my dad, though I rarely saw him, and I hoped he never had to be sent off.

I surveyed my room upstairs and sighed. I didn't have much to clean up. I was a neat person in general. I put the shoes I had out away and cleaned up my desk area, organizing the papers and putting my homework into my bag. The sudden sound of my phone going off made me jump. Sudden noises always scared me, which was why I didn't last very long on the track team. Whenever they shot off the gun or sounded the horn I froze.

Grabbing my phone off the floor and flipping it open I saw I had a text from Jack.

Wat did u do to alex?

I grimaced seeing the text. I really didn't like text chat much. Quickly I replied.

Is he at your house right now?

I put my phone on silent vibrate and waited for the reply that came less than five seconds later.

No park. Y?

I called up Christopher to pick me up and had him take me to the park. I told him the whole story and he simply laughed the whole ride. During half the ride I had to make him swear not to tell anyone. "Yeah, yeah, now go get your boy back," he said, pushing me out the car. "I'll be around the block. Text me if you need me to get you."

"Thanks Chrizzy, you're a doll," I said, blowing him a kiss. I went off towards the middle of the park where the gazebo was. Zack told me about how sometimes they went there to play Frisbee when they finished practice early, so why not now? I smiled to myself seeing Jack rolling around on the grass while Zack and Alex threw the Frisbees they had at him.

Pushing the nervousness away, I ran up Alex. I felt as if I was being stared at by everyone, like this was some walk of shame or something. "Alex," I said, hoping he wasn't still steamed up.

He turned around and rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

"Oh come on, don't be like that. I wanted to say I'm sorry for ruining your day with me," I said, tugging on my hair gently. "I don't want you upset with me, that's the last thing I'd want to do."

Sighing, he pulled my hand away from my hair and held me. "Alright, I forgive you. I just need to remember not to turn the TV on next time." He gave me a small smile and I smiled right back.

"Are you two going to kiss already or what?" Jack asked. I looked to him and he stared at the two of us, clearly annoyed. Alex sighed and kissed my forehead. Things would be normal again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think it was even better. Sorry if I disappointed anyone. :/ For those who commented and subscribed, thanks a million you guys. :]