Status: Active

Book Half Unread

Drinking Games

Jack kept tripping and rolling around on the ground when we went into the guest bedroom. I'd giggle stupidly and attempt to pull him up, but he'd tug me down so that I fell on the ground, sometimes on top of him. This went on for quite a while until he was lying on his stomach on the floor, sleeping. I sat there and listened to his loud snores. When I was tired of listening to him snore, I pulled the covers off the bed and covered him with it. I left, giving him a kiss on the cheek and wandered downstairs.

I stared at the clock intently before I finally computed that it was past midnight, close to one in the morning. I found water and sat on the couch with a couple making out beside me. As I sipped water, I turned the TV on and managed to put subtitles on so that I could hear. It didn't make any difference since Tom and Jerry was playing and there was never dialogue. The next thing I knew, I was feeling sick. I was groaning and balling myself up.

"Alex, Alex is she okay?" I heard a voice from beside me. I shut my eyes. I think I was going to throw up.

"Lisa, she's fine. Why do you care about her anyway?" I heard Alex reply.

"No, stop. Alex, she doesn't look right at all. I might not like her, but still."

I don't know what happened next, but I fell off the couch and onto the floor. I tried crawling away, but it was hard because of all the legs in the way. I could feel bile rising to my mouth. Someone help me, please. A pair of arms wrapped around me and picked me up, rushing me off somewhere.The movement made me feel sicker. I was set down in what I realized was the bathroom. I felt myself lurch forward and quickly threw myself at the toilet seat. My body convulsed continuously as I puked. My eyes filled with tears. I heard the door shut and I moaned tiredly. A hand touched my back, rubbing in comforting circles. I managed to look up to see Alex kneeling beside me, a concerned expression on his face.

"Aimee, do you have a hair tie?" he asked me softly. I shook my head "no," but that was a mistake. I quickly turned my head back to the toilet as a second round poured out of my mouth; tears fell this time. My hair was pulled back from my face and I knew it was Alex since he was the only other one in the bathroom with me. "Why did you do this to yourself?" he complained. "Now Lisa's bitching at me."

It hurt to hear him getting upset with me over this, but not because I did this to myself. What he was upset with was that I was taking away his time with Lisa. "Why don't you just go scratch and sniff the bottom of a full pool," I said, dully. My voice was misreable and my throat was sore. It hurt all the way down to the pit of my stomach. Quickly, I gripped the edge of the toilet seat and hurled again. I opened my eyes to see blood mixed with my vomit: just great. I closed the lid and flushed. Using toilet paper I wiped my mouth. Crossing my arms on the toilet lid I rested my head on it, closing my eyes.

"Whatever. Look, just don't fall asleep on your back incase you vomit." With that he got up and left me alone, shutting the door behind himself. I let myself cry.

A few more hours in the bathroom, I felt stable enough. I got up slowly and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair stuck at odd ends and my face was completely flushed. My eyes had dark circles and they seemed very dull. I washed my face and rinsed my mouth out as thoroughly as possible before walking out slowly. I found an unopened cold water bottle. I took it with me up stairs and laid down on the floor beside Jack who was still snoring. I remembered what Alex had said and rolled onto my stomach. I pulled the covers up to my shoulders, sharing it with Jack and easily fell asleep.

Someone touching my face woke me the next morning. I groaned softly and rolled over and into someone. Eyes fluttering open, I rubbed them, wiping sleep from my eyes to see Jack sitting there cross legged. "Hey, finally. Here," he said, holding two asprins out to me. I took them graciously and turned my head and got my water, chasing down the pills with it. "Sleep okay?" he asked looking down at me.

"As good as I could. I feel terrible," I whined to him, pouting. He awed and gave me a hug. "I threw up so much." I closed my eyes and just let him hold me.

He rubbed my back. "Let's do something later today," he suggested. "The rest of the guys aren't up for anything today."

"Okay." I sighed softly. "How can you sound so happy?"

"I don't know. I don't huge hangovers I guess."

"Is that normal?"

"According to Wikipedia it is."

Jack had taken me home and I showered, slowly feel back up to speed, almost. I still had a headache. I changed into a simple short green dress and found a pair of yellow flats to go with them. I left the shoes by the door and spent most of the rest of the day lying on the couch and talking to my dad as he watched sports.

My phone went off in a text. It was from Jack.

Hi. Wat did u want 2 do 2day?

Want to just come over and watch movies?

I waited patiently. My dad giving me weird looks.

Cool. K. Wat movi?

I giggled to myself.

"Kids and text messaging: I swear," I heard my dad say, flipping through channels again. I laughed at him.

I have a lot. Do you want to stay for dinner too?

"Hey dad, is it okay if Jack came over and had dinner?" I asked him, sending the message as I did.

"Eh... Ask your mother," he replied, frowning.

"Mom!"

"I said ask your mom, not yell!" He gave me a disappointed look.

I giggled. "Sorry daddy." I got up and gave him a kiss on the head before skipping off to the kitchen. "Mommy?" She turned and looked to me. "Can Jack come over and have dinner with us tonight?"

"Oh sure dear. He seems nice. He's quite tall." My mom always liked it when I dated tall boys. She was insane. Just then I got a text.

Yea sure. Wat time?

Just come over around 5. :)

Running up stairs I hung around, checking my E-mail and even taking a nap. I woke up at 4:37 and showered for fifteen minutes. Jack came around on time and dinner was really nice. My parents laughed and he had fun. I liked when people made my parents happy. I could tell that my dad really liked Jack because he told him about everything he did in the military.

After dinner we sat around in my room watching television for a little bit until his mother called him and told him to go home. He was a great guy. The only thing I wanted to know was if anything could truly happen between the both of us. Graduation Day was in just a week and then he was going to tour across the U.S. I wanted something, but only time could tell if it was with him that I wanted it to be with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update. I've been getting back into the groove of school. Haha. Sorry if the update's really crappy. I don't blame you if you comment saying "off with your head!" Anything you guys want to see in particular in the next few chapters?