Status: Myspace.com/Racingkites

Burn This City

Don't forget about the blue sky, sunrise

“Where exactly are we going?” Dakota asked from the backseat. I shrugged and watched Preston out of the corner of my eye. We’d hung out for most of the last two weeks as friends. Friends. Normally, I was okay with the word but he was….I wanted more from him.

“I told Alex to pick a place. He gave me a address. I have GPS. GPS is taking us to this mystery destination.”

“I thought I told not to bring the guys.” I said glaring at him. He smiled innocently.

“Yeah. But, they’re all worried and miss her. I couldn’t deny them of that.”

“Actually. You could have.” Dakota said, anger fueled her words.

“I made a uh oh?”

“Not surprised.”

“Dakota! Stop!” I said laughing.

“No. I don’t want to see them yet.”

“This isn’t what you agreed to at the apartment. Shut up and if the others are there then they’re there. Now shush.” She slumped in the back seat and pouted.

“So I didn’t make a uh oh?” Preston asked.

“No. You still made a uh oh. Doesn’t GPS tell you a place too?!”

“Yeah. I’m just not telling you.” The electronic directed him down a small street to the left. Alex stood in front of the van blocking a sign.

“Isn’t this where the park is?” Dakota asked looking around.

“How do you know these things?!” Preston asked twisting in his seat.

“We’ve lived here our whole lives?” She said in a duh voice. Preston rolled down the window.

“It’s not a surprise anymore! She already knew what this place was.” There was a chorus of ‘aws’ from the open door of the van. The whole band was here. Fun. Alex got into the drivers seat of the van and we made our way into the park. A small pond was filled with geese, people were walking the dirt track despite the setting sun. The playground was void of children and gossiping moms.

“We have it to ourselves?!” I squealed. Preston laughed at my immaturity and pulled into the space. I was practically bouncing in my seat. Dakota and I jumped out, each racing towards the slides.

“Remember those?!” Dakota asked pointing to a set of monkey bars that I had broken my wrist on when I was 11.

“Haha. You’re hilarious. I don’t think its fair that Dakota kind of dressed for the occasion and I didn’t!” I said pouting on the swings.

“Let me check the back of my car. Maybe there’s a pair of your jeans back there.” Preston yelled. Everyone turned and stared at me, Dakota’s eyes being the most fierce.

“It’s not what it sounds like! I changed after work the other day to come to your show! God, Preston! That sounded so bad!” I said snatching the black pair of jeans out of his hands. He shrugged and pushed off the ground on his own swing. The others spread out. I ran to the bathroom to change, Dakota trailing close behind.

“So, are you two together yet?” She asked. I shook my head.

“Just friends.”

“You sound bitter.” I looked at the dirty floor.

“Maybe a little. But, why mess up a good thing? They’re great guys. Maybe it should be left at that.”

“Isn’t that what I said?”

“Your opinion stopped being valid after you kissed Gokart.” I said smirking. She stomped her foot. There was a banging on the door and then Alex and Matty F’s heads appeared.

“What are you guys doing in here?!”

“Having a party. Wanna join?!” I asked hopping up on the counter. Matty’s nose scrunched up.

“I wanna have a party out here!” We both sighed and followed them out. Dave’s eyes following Dakota’s every move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dakota's outfit.
Skylars outift
So, I wrote this eons ago and it got lost somewhere with all my other updates. So sorry you guys. :| Ignore the outfits in the last chapter. They were pretty bad. So, uhm....Comments would be rad!!
ME, ERIN(other author), AND KARA WENT TO SEE RK FRIDAY! HERE ARE THE PICS FROM THE SHOW! Be a doll. Comment this chapter and i'll post the first three digits of Dave's number....maybe. JUST FUCKING COMMENT. Geez.
Title cred- Valencia