Status: Myspace.com/Racingkites

Burn This City

You're a gamble, you've got nothing left to lose.

I shifted awkwardly, looking at the scene in front of me. The Valencia show had ended and now Skylar and I were now sitting in a pizzeria with a bunch of guys we had just met two hours ago. I made a face at Rick who had pizza sauce on his chin, then looked at my own piece of pizza rather unappetized. Skylar looked just as awkward as me, but no one picked up on it. No one, but Dave that is. I excused myself to go to the restroom, hoping Skylar would pick up on my hint.
I had almost made it through a shit-load of tables and waitresses, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, hoping it was Skylar. Unfortunately, it was Dave. He was wearing a grin that implied he knew something. I sighed and folded my arms.

“What could you possibly want?” I looked him up and down. His grin grew.

“Well, I figured Skylar didn’t catch on, so we could do some girl-talk shit in the bathroom. I mean, I couldn’t let you go alone. That’s against girl code,” His eyes flashed mischievously. I glowered at him for a few seconds.

“You have got to be kidding me,” I groaned.

“Me? Kidd? Never,” He looked offended that I could even accuse him of such a thing. I rolled my eyes and pushed the door into the girl’s bathroom. A few seconds later, Dave peaked in.

“Is anyone else in there?” He whispered. When he didn’t notice, he slid in, with a satisfied look on his face. He examined the door for a second and with a glint in his eye, locked it to keep anyone else from coming in. I stood there horror-struck for a second and he plopped on one of the couches that happened to be in there.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I whispered, rather horrified. He shrugged and picked up an edition of Cosmo and leafed through it, as if the entire situation were perfectly normal. I snatched the magazine and threw it the floor. He glared at me for a second like I’d just thrown something that actually mattered to him. He quickly regained his composure and looked up at me with that annoying grin.

“I feel like something’s bothering you. Here, sit down,” He patted the cushion next to his. I looked at him defiantly, before giving in and sitting next to him. He then adopted a mock-therapist voice, “That’s good. Now let it all out.” I cracked a smile and shook my head, looking down at my hands.

“You’re so stupid,” I muttered under my breath, still shaking my head. He looked at me curiously.

“So, how do you feel about Alex?” He asked, catching me off guard. I stared at him dumbly for a second, trying to conjure up an answer. Before I could say anything though, he continued, “Because, you know, he seems really fond of you. I suppose it’s because he finally found someone who loves Scrubs as much as him,” Dave shook his head, making it pretty obvious how he felt about his friend’s obsession.

“He’s cute,” I muttered. Dave raised an eyebrow.

“Just cute? Really?”

“I just met you guys! Sorry that I haven’t formed an opinion yet!” I scowled.

“What about me?” Dave asked slyly, moving a little closer. My eyes widened a little.

“Whoa, slow down Sparky…” I managed to spit out before his lips crashed onto mine. I tensed up, not quite sure what either of us were doing. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I began to ease up, my mind making up excuses that left me thinking about nothing but how soft his lips were against mine. My arms snaked around his neck and I felt him smile into the kiss. Subconsciously, I heard someone knocking on the door, but I ignored it.

“Dakota?! Are you in there? What’s going on? Why is it locked?” I heard Skylar ask frantically. I snapped back to reality and looked at Dave. I blinked a few times before getting up and unlocking the door. Skylar fell in and looked up at me, slightly irritated.

“Let’s go,” I grabbed her hand and helped her up, trying to push her out the door, but not before she caught a glimpse of Dave. She pursed her lips, but didn’t say anything. I could tell she was waiting until later. I dragged her out of the pizzeria, not even bothering to say bye to the boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Four Year Strong