Status: Back in Business

Twilight

Grocery List

I was sad that I was fired a few days ago at a cd store, but I was lucky that my dad's girlfriend gave me a job at a spa that she worked at. It wasn't as cool as working at the cd store, but I needed the money so I can't complain. All I had to do was seat people, clean up the dead hairs, restock the shelves, refill the coffee and water, and do the shopping and food bringing. The last part got to me. But the best part was there was no uniform! I could wear whatever I wanted as long as it looked good. Yay!

My hair was at its norm and me in my norm clothes today. My black cargo pants, my black new Bullet for My Valentine hoodie, and my old Ed Hardy's were all I needed today. As soon as I stepped in, Stacy, the owner of the damn place, threw a list at me. "Here. I need you to get me this stuff."

"Umm." I stared down at the long list she gave me. "How am I gonna pay for this?" I looked up at her, no way did I have enough money for this!

"Here." She gave me three hundred dollar bills and her Beauty Store card. "I want all of the change back and the receipts."

"Ok." I nodded, a few hours free what the heck. "I'll be back."

Turning around, I left the place right before sticking my tongue out at Lucy. She looked more white than the actual Mexican I know she is. Her bright blonde hair, green eyes, and white skin didn't help much either. But oh well,....god I like her eyes! Am so jealous. Taking out my cell, I dialed Dwight.

"Hello?" He answered after the first ring. "Kitz? You okay? You're supposed to be at work right now."

"Yeah I'm fine." I crossed the lot. "Just on an errand."

"What kind of errand?"

"I have to buy some supplies. Wanna come?" I asked knowing he would.

"Yeah. Where are you?" I could hear rustling in the background.

"I'm going to get a Monster at the little thrift store on the corner. Meet you there?" I waited as a car passed me by.

"Sure. I'll be there in a few, I'm gonna get the car from my brother." And the line went dead.

"Why does he always hang up so fast?" I asked no one as I slipped it back into my pocket and entered the store.

The store greeted me with a chime as I stepped in. Food aisles were everywhere, but I just walked all the way into the back towards the drink fridges. My eyes scanned for the low car Monster, the blue one. To my luck, I grabbed the last one and headed to the cashier.

"I'm here!" He called as he jogged over to me in his normal attire, only this time it was a giant orange shirt with black baggy pants.....Hmm, a giant pumpkin....HALLOWEEN!

"Hey, finally." I sighed as I got off the bench and hugged him.

"Missed you." He hugged me tighter so I could smell his nice cologne.

"You showered!" I cheered as a joke.

"Only for you." He chuckled as he parted and grabbed my hand. "How much stuff do we need?"

"Look." I handed him the list as I lifted the can to sip.

My mouth didn't even make it to the can as he snatched it out of my hands. He drank my drink as his eyes scanned the long list of things. Once he was done reading it, he took a long sip as he looked at me with sly eyes.

"You are so mean!" I cried as I crossed my arms over my chest as I played mad.

"Here." His deep husky voice said as he nudged the nearly empty can at me.

"Mine!" I shouted as I snatched it back and held it close to me. "My precious." I whispered stroking the can making him laugh.

"God you are soooo weird." He laughed pulling me towards his car.

"And your point is?" I asked as I got in.

"No point." He said as he closed his door. "Just stating." He smiled, making me smile, as he turned the car on.

"I saw we get the hair first and then the food crap." I directed.

"Yes, mam." He snickered as he drove towards Beauty Store.

It took us over an hour to find the exact combs, dyes, hair sprays, and other crap she wanted. With the card she gave me, it lowered the price of over $200 to just bellow 200. Lucky for us, the lady there had an idea of what she wanted so it made it easier to find the things.

"I swear I will never walk into a store like that ever again." Dwight huffed as we took the last bag into the over stuffed trunk of the car.

"Tell me about it." I sighed as I closed the trunk.

"What's next on the list?" He turned to me.

"Umm." I pulled the crumpled paper out of my ass pocket. "We could get these at a supermarket."

"Alright." He nodded. "Let's go."

"I'm a commin'. I'm a commin'."I sang boredly as I hopped in.