Status: Finished

A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Gerard’s POV

I stumbled up my stairs to get some coffee or something highly caffeinated. I opened my door to everyone hanging in the lounge room; I dismissed them and continued my journey to the kitchen. Mikey walked in as I was pouring the heavenly substance into a cup.
“Hey Gee!” he said in a cheery voice.
I grunted a response…I was not in the mood for him and his happy ways.
“We’re going to go to Frank’s for practice…want to come?” he said…hopefully?
“I might come…but I’m not singing,” I mumbled.
“COME ON GEE!” Meghan yelled walking into the kitchen.
She grabbed my arm but quickly let go.
“EW!!! YOU STINK!” she said running out of the room.
“I’ll go have a shower,” I grumbled leaving the room.

I showered and got changed into some clean clothes. Mikey then basically dragged me all the way to Frank’s house. He was trying to persuade me to sing, but I was standing my ground…I’m never going to sing AGAIN! Mikey would yell at me about how the band can’t go on without me and that I’m being selfish…this led on him not talking to me. Then he would ask me again…so the cycle went round and round until we finally got to Frank’s house. Mikey tried to drag me down to the basement but I pushed him off and made my way into the kitchen. Sure enough Pip was in there drinking her beloved Iced Tea.
“Hey Gee,” she said looking up smiling.
I grunted a ‘hi’ as I started making coffee.
“Still upset about Lily?” she asked
“Please don’t say her name,” I said trying to stop the pain that roared through me.
“Ok…anything I can do to make you feel better?” she asked
“Do you have any alcohol?” I asked her…hopefully she’d let me have some.
“I’m not giving you alcohol Gee!” she said firmly.
“Meh…I’ll find other ways to get it,” I murmured thinking of my sources
“Why are you doing this to yourself?” she asked her voice heavy with concern
“I don’t want to feel the pain anymore,” I told her
“Why don’t you get another girlfriend?” she asked me
“I loved ‘her’…besides, who would go out with me?”
Pip walked closer to me she lent into my ear and whispered ‘me’ and put her lips to mine. Her lips felt foreign on mine. They were warm but nothing in comparison to Lily. Lily’s lips were much softer than Pip’s. Lily’s and my lips always seem to connect like a puzzle piece…it wasn’t like that with Pip. Ok…I admit Pip is quite a good kisser…but my heart has been ripped to shreds by Li- someone and Pip doesn’t deserve someone that can never love her.

I pulled away. Pip looked at me her eyes full of hope and embarrassment.
“Pip…” I started but I didn’t know what to say.
Pip looked away…she knew what was coming.
“Pip…you don’t deserve someone like me…you need someone who’s heart hasn’t been shattered to pieces…you’re an awesome person Pip, you’ll find someone perfect for you,”
Pip looked upset but nodded. I wrapped her in a hug, I loved her like a sister and it hurt me to see her upset. Frank walked into the kitchen as we pulled out of the hug. He raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off and got heaps of sugar filled drinks. His eye was purple from where Meghan had punched him and that reminded me that Maddy had decided not to hang out with the group tonight. Mikey eventually gave up on any hope that I was going to go in the basement and start singing, so he led me home.

Mikey’s POV

Everyone was quiet in the basement, it was really awkward…I wanted to be with Maddy. Stupid Frank made her uncomfortable being around him, and that means basically the whole group...lunch today was REALLY awkward. After I finally admitted that Gerard wasn’t going to come down I sighed and got up to leave. It made me a tiny bit happier that Meghan gave Frank a black eye. Meghan followed me up the stairs and gave me a full on goodbye kiss. She hugged me for about 5 minutes before she let go and I went and got Gerard. I couldn’t help but thinking that something’s wrong…Meghan is affectionate towards me, but she prefers not to do it in front of other people, so her kissing and hugging me in front everyone must mean there’s something wrong.

Gerard immediately went down into his room…he’s going to get drunk again…GREAT! It was around 10:30 while I was watching my well loved cartoons when I heard sobbing coming from Gerard’s room. I contemplated going down…but I think it’s better to be safe than sorry. I walked slowly down the stairs and the sobbing got louder. Gerard was curled up on his bed, but he lifted his head as I entered the room. He didn’t yell or faint so I slowly made my way over to him and pulled him into a hug. He cried into my shoulder…this soon made me start crying. Gerard was trying to say something but I couldn’t hear over the sobs, I just held him close and soon we both lied down and Gerard slowly went to sleep. An odd sob would escape his lips. I sighed and looked at the broken mess that was my brother, my idol, the only person I love in the whole world except for Meghan…it broke my heart inside. I sighed…hopefully by next year everything will be ok and Gerard will be back on his feet. The keyword is hopefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
EMchemromance asked how many chapters there is left, and the answer is, that the story ends at 50. so this means 12 left.
Comments = Updates

Thanks to:
RenaDawn
secrets-that-die
EMchemromance (X2)
XxVengeancexX
inluvwithmcr_gee
XxMsGerardPunkWayxX
imaxmusic.artxbaby