Status: Finished

A Kiss And I Will Surrender

Chapter Six

Lily’s POV

I didn’t know whether to laugh or scream. It was funny that Hannah was covered from head to toe in green goo, but I was going to get into so much trouble when my parents find out about my detention. I find it really unfair that I got a detention, I mean; I was just standing there, watching Hannah being attacked by her two sisters. But then I can’t complain, at least I have a chance to talk to Gerard with out being interrupted by a cheerleader. I went to German even though there was not much point, but didn’t want to get into any more trouble than I already am in. I went to my locker straight after the lesson, got all my stuff then went to room 29 for my detention. I was obviously the last in the room so I just gave the teacher my slip and sat near the front. I would’ve gone over and started talking to Gerard but he looked really angry. I found out the reason for his grumpiness. He was getting annoyed by a nerdy kid behind him. The nerdy kid reminded me of someone, but I can’t put my finger on it. I just continued my homework, half listening to the conversation between Gerard and the nerdy kid. I happened to hear the nerdy kid basically yell ‘SING!’ I would have started laughing, I couldn’t imagine Gerard singing.

I didn’t mention to my parents about the detention, I would tell them, just not now. I was already in trouble for swearing at my sister so I don’t think that it was the right time to tell them. My brother decided he would barge into my room and take my laptop without asking, this involved more yelling. The end result was, I got my laptop back and my brother’s nose was bleeding. I love being the eldest, the power and the strength is wonderful.

At school the next day I yet again tried to talk to Gerard, but not only wouldn’t he talk back to me, Olivia and Kaylah would tell me off for even acknowledging that he exists. During Maths an elderly woman from the front office came into the room and said that Gerard had a ‘dentist’ appointment. I knew that it wasn’t a dentist appointment because the way the woman looked at Gerard told me other wise. It was a look of sympathy; it’s not a look you give someone that’s only going to the dentist. As Gerard walked out I heard him mumbling under his breath, obviously wasn’t looking forward to his ‘dentist’ appointment.

Detention was boring, I had completed all my homework and I still had another half an hour to go. I decided I would go talk to Gerard. I walked slowly over where he was sitting; he had his head down low. When I glanced at his work, I was surprised that he wasn’t drawing, he was writing something. I took a closer look.

Hear the sound,
The angels come screaming,
Down your voice,
I hear you’ve been bleeding.
Make your choice,
They say you’ve been pleading,
Someone save us!

Heaven help us now,
Come crashing down,
We’ll hear the sound,
As you falling down

I couldn’t read the rest because he was covering it.
“Wow that is awesome!”
Gerard jumped, quickly hid his notebook and turned around to face me.
“You are a really good writer, are they lyrics or something?”
“Yeh, I’m writing them for my band,”
“You’re in a band, that’s awesome! What instrument do you play?”
“Umm…none, I’m supposed to be the singer, but I can’t actually sing,”
There was a coughing from behind us, we both turned, it was the nerdy kid.
“Well Ge-tard, aren’t you going to introduce us?”
“Mikey this is Lily, Lily this is my pathetic excuse for a brother, Mikey,”
“And I’m Maddy, nice to meet you Lily,” A girl that was sitting next to Mikey said. She looked familiar.
“Hey, aren’t you Hannah’s little sister?”
“Sadly, yes, sometimes we I pretend that I’m not related to her, Meghan and I think she’s adopted,”
She seemed a bit weird, but I truly emphasised her, she had a horrible creature for a sister. I sat and talked with them for the rest of the detention; Gerard seemed really nervous and went back to writing lyrics. Mikey was really funny and nice. He was the classic little brother, meaning that he told me some embarrassing things about Gerard and was constantly paying him out. Detention ended up being really fun and I couldn’t wait for it the next day.

My mother wanted to know why I was late home for a second day in a row. I explained about what happened and the detentions. She went psycho at me. She went on and on about how I was setting a bad image of who I am to my teachers and that I shouldn’t rebel. I explained that all I did was be at the wrong place at the wrong time and that I wasn’t involved in any of the fighting, I just was watching. Still she went on and on, it got to the point where we started yelling at her. I got frustrated and snapped my sisters Jonas Brothers CD in half, mum said I was grounded; I ran out of the house and walked to the park. I needed time to calm myself down and think.

When I reached the park I noticed that there was a dark figure sitting underneath the tree. I smiled; I would have someone to talk to. I sat down next to him.
“So what brings Gerard to the park today?”
He looked up; he seemed shocked to see me there.
“Umm…I beat up Mikey…mum’s not happy, then I had a fight with her about stupid counselling,” He put his hand over his mouth; I guess I wasn’t supposed to hear that.
“Is that what the ‘dentist’ appointment was?”
“Yep, Principal Baker reckons I have issues…anyway, why are you at the park?”
“Had a fight with my mum, she’s not that happy about the whole detention thing, then I’m supposedly grounded because I snapped my sisters Jonas Brothers CD in half,” I laughed at the look on my sisters face.
“Guess you don’t like the Jonas Brothers…what sort of music are you into?”
“Umm…well…I like…Bullet for my valentine, I Am Ghost, Evanescence, The Darkness, The Used, some Aussie bands and others I can’t remember,”
“Wow, you seem like a girl that listens to Britney Spears,”
“What type of music does your band play?”
“Umm…well…only just got together…we just thought of a name today…I guess it could be classified as Alternative Punk…”
“Cool, can I see some of the lyrics?”
“Umm…Sure…I just wrote this,”

You don’t know a thing about my sins,
How the misery begins,
You don’t know,
So, I’m burning, I’m Burning

WOW! That’s all I can think, where does he come up with these things?
“It’s amazing! How did you come up with it?”
“Well…it’s just how I feel about counselling, I mean; they don’t know anything about me so how can they fix what they don’t know,”
“It’s kind of powerful; I bet it will be even more powerful when you sing it,”
“Yeh, well, I got to go torture Mikey some more, see you in English,”
“Bye!”
I don’t know what, but something there’s about Gerard that’s special, something that draws me into his gorgeous hazel eyes. After about half an hour of thinking in the park I walked home. When I got home Lexi was crying, still, gosh, what a baby! Mum just frowned at me as I walked up the stairs; I picked up the cat and cuddled her on my bed. I fell asleep with pictures of his hazel eyes in my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
....I'm thinking of updating a Frerard, comment me if you agree!