Blind Reality

1/1

I look at the black asphalt road under my feet, it doesn’t say a word, but it doesn’t have to. I am already having a conversation with myself so, it would be very rude from the road to try and speak with me. And no, I am not crazy, I’m just lonely. No need to feel sorry for me though, it’s my own fault. I shut myself up and let the silence take place in my journey. My naked feet flinch with every step I take, my mind set in the sun ahead of me. I brought the cigarette, almost unconsciously, to my lips and inhale the deathly smoke. A car passes by, the lights and the honking breaking the enjoyable silence and affecting my mindless self.
The hours flew away and I reach my flat’s door, with my head low, looking at the rug covering the building’s corridor and, while whispering thanks to Mrs. Larson for putting the brown cheap looking rug, I open my flat’s door. Everything’s the same, my black sofa still looking like it came out of the dumpster, my vintage (or should I say old?) TV still lying carelessly on the floor, and my black cat, Zoe, is still nowhere to be found. I try let to drop my emotions like rain, but all I succeed at is let a sigh escapes from my icy lips, as a tear falls from my lunatic eyes. I look frenetically at all the corner in my dark room, my eyes still adjusting from the light change. Seeing no living soul I take that as an encouragement, and allow myself to go mentally back on that day.
I was sitting, trying my best to not look blinded by the excessive lightness of the walls.
The eyes followed me.
I was tired and empty inside.
I wanted to go home.
Lightness. Only the brightest white. No matter what, just lightness. Because what can you feel, what can you touch, what can you ear or see when there’s nothing but lightness… and a pair of eyes following every step you take.
I just seat on the nothing and rock, back and forth.
My eyes won’t close, but my mind won’t open for them, never.
Something touches my delicate skin. A pair of rough hands put some more whiteness around me and now I can’t move.
Blur, it’s all just blur.

Run, to save your life. Run to save your mind. Run with your bare feet. Run with all you’ve still got.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't walk alone at night, see the stars from your bedroom instead.