‹ Prequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Finished {foREVer}

Rum and Coke

Attention Attention

The next day was Stereotypical Youth’s (Ellie’s band) first practice in a month. All of them were wondering how it would end… especially when it came to Ellie’s playing and singing abilities. She hasn’t so much as touched Izzy, her Les Paul, since the day she left the house on that dreaded day nearly two months ago, and she hasn’t really sung (or used my voice for that matter) since that day as well.

“Ok, everyone tuned?” Mark asked as he fiddled with his bass. After receiving nods from the girls, he looked back at Ryan. “Ok, let’s start off with Rainbow Alert- it pretty simple.”

It was bad. Ellie kept fumbling the chords and messing up the vocals. She got maybe half way through the song before she unplugged her guitar and threw it off of her.

“What are you doing, Elle?” Bailey asked, her eyes wide as everyone stopped playing.

“This was a mistake.”

“What are you saying?” Ryan asked.

“I quit. Hell, I don’t even want to play anymore,” Ellie said quickly as she put her guitar away. “I’ll see you guys around, I guess. Good luck filling my spot.”

“You can’t do that!” all of them screamed after her.

Ellie stopped at the door of the basement. “Watch me,” she said under her breath. Something in her gut told her that they had heard her, despite the softness that was in her voice.

~*~

“For the love that of all that is unholy, will you just shut the fuck up?!” Kay Sanders, daughter of Matt Sanders, shouted at her uncle. “If it isn’t bad enough that I had to listen to you all day yesterday, I think I’ll actually kill you on the six hour flight back to Cali!” She was definitely her parent’s daughter.

“Kaylee Ann Sanders!” Brian shouted at her.

“It’s fucking true, Uncle Brian,” she huffed, turning the volume up on her iPod even more.

Growling, Brian snatched an earbud out of her ear. “You’re not to talk to me like that, missy. I’m your elder.”

She rolled her eyes. “Then start fucking acting like one instead of a love-sick teenager. I swear! I don’t act like one, and I’m seventeen!” she shot back. They didn’t even care that everyone on the plane could hear them.

“Then why the hell do you want to fly back out to NYC?” He asked incredulously.

“Can you two please keep your voices down?” An old stewardess asked.

Kay quickly apologized before returning back to

“I already told you. I’m checking out a few bands.”

“Bullshit, you just want an excuse to see that boy again. Don’t lie to me- both you and your mother are crap liars.” Brian smirked, knowing that he had won.

“Shut up. At least I know my job and don’t explode every time someone accidentally bumps into me.”

“I swear, you’re worse than your father.”

“Call it my charm,” she replied sarcastically, placing her earbud back into her ear.

Brian wasn’t done with her, though. He snatched the bud out again as she gave him a heated look. “Tell me the truth: why did Shads send you, a teenager that should still be in school, to the other side of the country with me?”

“I told you already! I was scouting out bands to use for the next three months. You guys do want an opening act, right? Give someone deserving a chance in the lime light?”

“How many times did you have to recite that back to him?”

“Uncle Bri, you’re pushing my patience.”

“I won’t if you just answer the damn questions!”

“I am! I don’t know any ulterior motives that dad had in sending me! And that’s the honest truth! Now just drop it and let me listen to my music!” She completely turned her back to him as she placed the bud back in her ear.

Sighing in defeat, Brian looked out of the window on the other side of the plane. He thought back to the girl with the stunning eyes. He knew those eyes. He had seen those eyes in his dreams, but he couldn’t place them. They were blue-grey with a hint of green and gold in them. They were beautiful and unique…yet very familiar...a little too familiar.

“Attention all passengers, we will be landing at LAX in just a few minutes. If you could put your seat to the upright position and lock your trays at this time. Also, please turn off any electronical devices at this time. It’s been a pleasure flying with you and I hope you fly again with us soon. “