‹ Prequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Finished {foREVer}

Rum and Coke

I Want My Life Back

When they got back from Matt’s place, Ellie immediately headed to her room.

“Hey, daddy,” She said softly into the phone. All she really wanted to do was crawl into his lap like she did when she was younger and be comforted by his warm embrace.

“Hey, pretty angel, what’s up? Why do you sound so sad?” Adam questioned.

“Nothing much, I’m just really tired. I told you that we won, right?”

Adam laughed. “Yea, you told me right after it happened.”

“That’s what I thought. Anyways, we went to Matt’s house, the lead singer, and he talked about recording the album and such. We went over all the contracts with their manager and such. I read it all over- it’s a pretty good one. They’re giving us creative reign and everything.”

“That sounds wonderful, but something tells me that’s not all. What aren’t you telling me, Ellie? I can take it. I promise,” he said smoothly, even though something in his gut told him that he knew what she had to say.

“I figured out who my biological father is,” she whispered.

Adam sighed and nodded his head, his suspicions confirmed. “And?”

“It’s Brian Haner.”

“Isn’t he the one-”

“Who I used to idolize? Yea, that would be him.”

“Used to?”

“Yea, I’m not so sure anymore. He’s a real ass,” she said, letting a southern twang enter her tone.

“Maybe you two just need time to get to know each other. I’m sure everything will work out in the end.”

“I don’t know, daddy, it seems like every time I see him now, I fucking punch him.”

Adam furrowed his brow. That didn’t sound like the Ellie he knew. “Why?”

“Because he’s either talking shit about mom or my band and I’m sick and tired of it!” she fumed. “Listen, daddy, I’d love to stay and chat, but we’re recording tomorrow and I have to be up at the crack of dawn.”

“Ok, baby, you just rest up and call when you can. I love you.”

Ellie smiled. “I love you, too, daddy. Goodnight.” She said before she hung up. She seemed a little more calmer than she had before, but it wasn’t enough for her.

This is Danielle Patterson. My phone is either not on me, or I’m glaring at it right now. I hate phones. Leave a message and I’ll try to get back to you…it might be in e-mail format though. Okay, I’m done…what do I do now?

You have to press the red button now.”

Oh, right.

“Hey, Mommy, it’s your baby girl. I just called to say that I miss you so much,” Ellie closed her eyes and sighed. “I want my life back, I want that house that I called home,
I want to hear (your) voice and see (your) face every day when I get (home)
I want what I had when I laid down in the arms of the (mother) that believed in me
And that (girl) I used to be, I want my life back…I want my life back
. I love you so much, Mommy.” She cried before hanging up and setting her phone on the nightstand. She curled into a tight ball.

After an hour of not being able to sleep, she got up and slowly walked into Ryan’s room.

“Couldn’t sleep, either?” she asked, noticing that he was still up.

He shrugged. “I can never sleep anymore,” he replied as she slipped under the covers next to him. He laid down and she laid her head down on his chest.

“Maybe we can not sleep together,” she said as she stifled a yawn.

“Yea,” sounds good,” he replied, yawning himself.

Not two seconds later, they were both out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler-ish, but not really.

=D bree