‹ Prequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Finished {foREVer}

Rum and Coke

Mistaken

Brian was not in the mood to be fucked with on his drive home. Without even looking, he quickly whipped out his cell phone and scrolled through the contacts. He sighed in relief when his call went through.

“Kale Davis,” a strange voice greeted. “How may I be of service?”

“Um,” Brian stumbled, not exactly sure what to say.

“Hello?” Kale asked, confused. “Is anyone there?”

“Um, this is Brian.”

“Which one, I know several.”

“Haner.”

“Ah, the 2008 video shoot. What can I do for you?”

“I- what?”

“I don’t know, you’re the one who called me…using my niece’s phone.”

Brian pulled the device away. He cursed under his breath when the cell phone was the same model, but a different color, as his own. “Fuck, grabbed the wrong one.”

“Well, then, seeing as how this was pointless, I’ll just hang up-”

“Wait! Since I have you here, is Danni anywhere around you? I need to speak with her.”

Kale closed his eyes and sighed. By Brian’s demand, it was obvious that Ellie had not told him the whole truth. He sent up a small apology before saying, “she’s not here.”

“Oh, can you tell her that I called?” Brian asked, his tone hopeful.

“When she shows back up, I will.” Kale said, sending another apology to the sky.

“Ok, thanks.” Brian remained on the line.

“Mr. Haner, does this call have a point to it?”

“Yea, it does. Tell me everything about Ellie.”

“No. I won’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’ll have to find everything out on your own…you know, actually talk to her without breaking out into a fist fight- she told me that she always either winds up punching you, or severely contemplating it.”

“Well, that’s great! Wish I had known that sooner.”

“Well, now you know. Is that all?”

“No…Ellie and I actually sat down and talked last night…without killing each other. It was rather great…”

“Then why are you calling me?”

“Well, we sort of got into a huge argument a few minutes ago…we said things that we both really didn’t mean…well, I didn’t mean them, I don’t know about her…”

“You’re rambling.”

“Right, anyway. So, I was wondering if you had any tips to get back in her good graces.”

Kale laughed. “I think you already know the answer to that. If you would like to keep your limbs intact, I suggest you give Ellie’s phone back to her. Goodbye, Brian,” Kale said before hanging up.

Cursing to himself, Brian made an illegal u-turn and headed back toward the studio. He quickly ran back into the building, sighing in relief when he spotted his phone on the table, and quickly ran out. He made a brief call to his wife before he pulled out of parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I like this one or not...thoughts?

=D Bree