‹ Prequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Finished {foREVer}

Rum and Coke

Secret Love

“So, what’s going on?” Bailey asked as she and Ellie walked the beach for the last time. Tomorrow was the first day of tour, and they couldn’t be more excited.

“Nothing,” Ellie sighed.

“You know, for being such an amazing actor, you’re horrible at lying,” Bailey jested.

Ellie remained silent.

“So, tell me, what’s up with you and Mark?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you two have been acting weird for the past few days. Ryan and I are just curious.”

Ellie took a deep breath and looked at one of her best friends. “We got into a fight. He wants to get back together with me, I don’t want that. And he told me that he didn’t want to become another Adam.”

“Another Adam?”

“Yea, he doesn’t want to be strung along…and apparently I used him when my mom…ya know…”

“Well, to be perfectly honest, you kind of did,” Bailey said hesitantly.

“No, we used each other,” Ellie said darkly as she extracted a cigarette from the carton.

Bailey eyed her friend warily. “You’ve been smoking a lot since we got here.”

“Yea, well, I’ve been stressed ever since I got here,” she said after exhaling a long drag that she had just taken. “So, how long have you liked him?” she asked with a smirk.

“What? What do you mean? Like who?” Bailey asked, flabbergasted.

“Mr. Andrews, of course!”

Bailey’s face turned scarlet. “I-I don’t-”

“Just tell me! I promise you that I won’t tell anyone.”

Bailey took a deep breath. “Four years. I’ve been in love with him for four years now.”

“Oh, damn, I-I’m sorry. It must have been hard for you- seeing us all happy and cutesy all of the time.”

Bailey waved her hand, as if shooing away the thoughts. “Don’t worry about it. You didn’t know. No one did.”

“Well, if you said something, then I would have ended it. I was only with him because I was bored and needed some type of male attention.”

“Oh.”

“Anyways, do you want me to help you out?”

“With what?”

“Your little secret crush. I have to admit. You guys would be pretty cute together,” Ellie said with a smile.

Bailey raised her eyebrow. “And how, exactly, are you going to manage that?”

Ellie clutched at her chest with her right hand and stumbled back a bit, as if she were just stabbed.

“Ellie, what’s wrong?” bailey panicked.

“I-I think you just ripped my heart out,” Ellie gasped. She broke out of her character and started laughing. “Honestly, Bails, I think you’re forgetting who you’re talking to.”

Bailey punched her hard in her right shoulder. “Don’t you fucking ever do that again, Ellie Marie! I thought you were seriously hurt!”

Ellie laughed and got Bailey into a headlock. “You want to play rough, do you?” she cackled, happy for the relief. Happy that she could finally be the kid she never was.

Somehow, the two girls ended up rolling on the ground, trying to get the upper hand in their play-fight. They were both laughing too hard and having too much fun to see the figure that was looking down at them.

“Damn, that’s hot,” Jimmy said.

Smirking evilly, Ellie shot out her left leg and swept him off his feet.

“Fuck! You really are Danni’s kid!” he cursed as he crawled over to the two laughing girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
I needed something light and cheery since trying to write "Picture Perfect" is just depressing me.

comment, please!
=D Bree

Oh, and Ellie now has a Facebook