The Takeover

Back In The Past

1863

It was just turning into night when a young man, age 20, walked up to a house, knocking on the door. Another man around the age of 40 answered, his hard gaze softening when saw who it was.

“Is it really time?” the man asked, the boy at the door only nodded “I’ll go get Kady” the man closed the door for it to open a minute later by a girl, no older then 17, the man smiled a little as the girl stepped outside and closed the door

“Jasper?” the girl said, with a questioning look

“It’s time to go” he said, his eyes revealing sadness. Tears immediately sprung to the girls eyes. Jasper brought the girl into his arms as she cried, he tried to soothe her “Shhh, Baby, It’ll be okay, I’ll come back to you, I promise”

“Jasper please,” Kady sobbed “please don’t leave me” it pained Jasper to know that she was upset, but he had to leave, he was a Major in the Confederate Army, he had no choice but to leave

“Baby, if could I would never leave you, but I don’t have that choice” he pulled away and he bent down, lightly kissing her lips “I love you Kady Lexington” with that last sentence he walked away. As Kady watched him leave, she let a tear fall.

“I love you too Jasper Whitlock”

* * * * * * * * * * *

Kady was in the kitchen, helping her mother with dinner when someone knocked on the door. In the corner of her eye she watched her father get up and answer the door, she continued with her work. Her father came back with a solemn expression

“Kady…” he said, not wanting her to know, for it would pain his only daughter “you need to go to the door” Kady stopped her work and went out to the door, only to see Joseph Cook, the military commander in Jaspers area, standing there. She had only met him once, but he insisted that she called him Joe.

“Joe? What are you doing here?”

“Kady,” he began in a soft voice “I’m so sorry, I know how close you were to Jasper” Kady got a worried look in her eyes

“What happened? Where’s Jasper?” she asked frantically

“He’s gone, Kady” Kady froze, “I’m sorry for your loss Kady” he left and Kady broke down, falling to the ground she screamed and cried.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

“Kady? Baby girl?” her mother tried to get into her room. She had been in there for 2 days, thinking. Her decision was made and she opened the door, closing it behind her.

“I’m going for a walk” she said, walking out the door. As soon as she got to the edge of the forest she ran into it, trying to find a cliff high enough to jump from. She stopped peaking over the edge when she felt a presence behind her. She turned around and stepped back, noticing that the girl, who looked 16, behind her had golden eyes with a reddish tint. The girl cocked her head to the side.

“Were you going to jump?” I nodded, afraid of what she might do. She smiled and she said, though possibly to herself “you’ll be a fine companion” all at once she jumped towards me I screamed and instantly felt her biting my neck. Just before blacking out I heard her talk “Don’t worry Kady, I’ll help you through this”
♠ ♠ ♠
OK i was heading to the doctors earlier and i was listenuig to my MP3 player. A song called Traveling Soilders by Dixie Chicks, came on and it reminded me of Jasper. So i got thinking. What would happen if Jasper had a girlfriend before he was changed?? and the plot fell in my head. this is just a filler though. Tomorrow or the next day i'll have the next chapter up.